Mintel seeks to hire an ambitious and performance-oriented Account Manager to join our growing team in our Shanghai office in China.
The Account Manager, will take lead on a portfolio of key Mintel Clients in the Greater China market. The focus of this position will be on-site account management designed to increase Mintel’s presence within each account. The Account Director will lead renewals, identify upgrade opportunities and develop a robust approach to increase and grow Mintel’s business portfolio within the Greater China market. The Account Manager will be responsible for establishing strong, high-level relationships with Mintel’s core client base and drive Mintel into a position where we are considered a valued and preferred research partner.
Excellent internal and client-facing communication, networking, relationship development, product articulation and support, customer service, and consultative up-selling skills are an absolute requirement. Ideally candidates will possess a general knowledge and interest in marketing and market research together with a passion for selling and helping clients in the FMCG industry. The candidate should be able to work independently as well as in a team
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Maintain and grow existing account relationships using excellent communication skills, strong follow-up and sharp attention to detail.
- Become a product expert across all Mintel CPG products and services and be able to present and communicate comfortably in front of large groups
- Execute Mintel’s core client servicing strategy with each client and adapt appropriately to each client’s core business objectives
- Manage and ensure client servicing requirements are met for each client by working closely with Mintel’s analyst and client support teams
- Travel to clients for face-to-face meetings (up to 50% of time or as needed) and demonstrate a highly polished, professional and consultative selling style
- Leverage client relationships and playback client goals/objectives to grow accounts by securing additional products or services
- Drive and develop Mintel’s Consulting and Ad-hoc Capabilities working closely with the local in-house Consultant team
- Continuously deliver creative business solutions to prove ROI and gather value statements on a quarterly basis for each client to aid in the renewal and entrenchment process
- Network throughout assigned accounts by leveraging contacts throughout client organisation structure targeting across departments and at senior levels. Identify new champions within organizations to increase revenue streams.
- Negotiate and close contracts to meet sales upgrade, consultancy and renewal rate targets as set by management team
- Ensure accurate recording of client details, meetings, objectives, opportunities within Salesforce CRM
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum 4 years of proven consultative sales experience: CPG/FMCG experience a plus
- Strong background in account management and/or business development, with proven financial success in expanding client relationships and maximizing account potential
- Highly polished, professional and consultative selling style
- Strong business and work ethic
- Proficient written and spoken English and Mandarin with excellent communication skills