We are looking for an Account Manager to join our Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) sales team in the in the Shanghai office. This is an exciting opportunity for a polished solution-based sales professional who is ambitious and performance-oriented. In addition to be being an exceptional individual sales performer, the ideal candidate will possess general knowledge and interest in market research principles and disciplines.
Ideally, candidates will possess general knowledge and interest marketing, research principles and disciplines, together with a passion for Consumer Packaged Goods.
This position is responsible for managing and enriching account relationships across Mintel’s core CPG syndicated products this includes the retention and upselling of Mintel services. This position will also be responsible for business growth in our Custom Solutions research space. The focus of this position will be on-site account management designed to increase Mintel’s presence within each account. Excellent product communication, networking, relationship development, product support, customer service, and up-selling skills are required.
- Retain and grow existing accounts across Greater China using excellent communication skills, strong follow-up and sharp attention to detail.
- Create account level business plans specific to assigned portfolio
- Maintain required service plan through regular client on-site meetings
- Leverage client relationships to grow accounts by securing additional products or services to achieve a target portfolio percentage increase
- Identify new champions and revenue streams by networking throughout assigned accounts and by leveraging contacts throughout territory
- Maintain expertise in Mintel’s products and services within the product verticals that the candidate is assigned to
- Deliver creative business solutions to prove ROI against monthly, quarterly and annual targets
- Become a product expert across all Mintel CPG products and services
- Deliver accurate forecasts to sales management by effectively utilize Mintel’s sales database CRM system (Salesforce.com)
- Bachelor's degree
- 2-3 years proven sales experience at the executive level
- Strong Account Management or consultative sales background (CPG experience a plus), with proven success in achieving sales goals
- Ability to understand how clients use, leverage, and apply market intelligence to their critical business growth strategies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skill
- Knowledge of primary and secondary market research methodologies is strongly preferred
- Fluency in Mandarin and English are essential
- Strong organizational, analytical, and planning skills
- Highly polished, professional and consultative selling style
- Ability to travel