The Account Manager will work with the Business Development Manager in Indonesia and report to Country Manager in Indonesia. The manager will be given a number of existing business/ accounts to manage in Indonesia market. These accounts vary in the sense of the management required – he/she will need to manage the accounts so they are maintained and also use these accounts to leverage new business opportunities within the account. The management of existing accounts will involve ongoing presentations, workshops and on-site support. As the accounts are renewed on an annual basis it is imperative that the client sees the value in the subscription and the servicing of their account.
The Account manager will form strong high level relationships with Mintel's core client base and establish opportunities to upgrade them to new products or services within Mintel's offering. It is expected that the manager will be traveling between 25 percent of the time within SE Asia.
- Lead the account management of Mintel's local and global clients in Indonesia
- Promote consulting services in Indonesia
- Conduct regular partnership reviews with key clients and form strong relationships to achieve upgrades
- Hit upgrade and consultancy targets as set by the Country Manager for Indonesia
- Achieve a renewal rate of 94%
- Co-ordinate Indonesia's account management and insight team to deliver high value service to client base
- Ensure quality control of data application work created by account management team
- Achieve a minimum of 20 meetings per month to be tracked in Salesforce
- Travel to SEA 1-2 per quarter as required for regional meetings
This is a very important hire for the business. The actual personality and ‘fit’ for the business will be as important as the technical skills required. The person will need to be comfortable working autonomously and without ‘day to day’ supervision. For example this person will need to know what is required to get and maintain the accounts/business – in summary ‘gets it and does it’.
The person will need to have had exposure to working in the FMCG, Agency, Market research or consulting sectors, or at the very least an account management experience within the sector.
The person will be;
- A self-starter and self-motivated
- Energetic and hungry
- Enthusiastic and passionate – have a genuine interest in the product.
- Have the presence and ability to ‘excite’ people about the service
- Intelligent – leaning more on the ‘quiet confidence’ as opposed to ‘brash’ sales style
- A consultative approach
- A listener and open
- An effective communicator – both written and ‘on his feet’
- A strong presenter
- An effective time manager – considering the travel and size of the region to cover
- Supportive of peers within the business
- Customer focused – committed to the customer and servicing the customer
- Interested in the FMCG space
- Multi-lingual (Bahasa Indo and English)
- Well-connected in the FMCG industry
Objectives and responsibilities
Mintel is an internationally respected company. The role is to lead account management in Indonesia including management of a handful of prestigious FMCG clients.
You should have first class account management/marketing management and customer acquisition skills, whilst ensuring that you can manage the required sales activity, across such a wide geographic area, in order to meet financial targets. You will be at ease presenting and negotiating with marketing directors, supported with a strong empathy and understanding of their business objectives.
Key to success is having the right attitude, enthusiasm, ambition and a positive outlook should all be characteristics you cherish and display. Ideally, you will have completed a degree and have a minimum of 2-3 years marketing experience. Experience of selling consulting, marketing or research services within the FMCG industries would be an advantage. Experience working across the Asian region would be an advantage. Flexibility to travel throughout the region and be based in Indonesia is essential.
SKILL & COMPETENCY SPECIFICATIONS
- Tertiary qualifications such as business, commerce, marketing etc. would be most suitable but not essential.
- Demonstrated achievement and experience managing accounts and developing new business as a ‘hybrid’ role
- Managing/working with multinationals
- Sound account management experience
- Presenting and gaining credibility within the client base – can facilitate discussion workshops
- Working and good knowledge of the local market
- FMCG experience or interest in this sector
- Agency, market research or consulting sectors
- Knowledge of the Indonesian market in the sense of being effective in these markets
- Personal Qualities
- Integrity, loyalty and transparency – clear reporting of business activity
- Ability to negotiate
- Achievement focused
- Attention to detail
- Business acumen - commercially aware
- Customer service orientated
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills to effectively achieve business objectives – i.e. good time management skills
- Excellent relationship building skills internally/externally – can support the internal team
- Consultative style
- Sound presentation skills
- Team player – can be effective within the ‘small lean team environment’