The Account Manager will work with the Business Development Director in Philippines. The manager will be given a number of existing business/ accounts to manage in Philippine market. These accounts vary in the sense of the management required – he/she will need to manage the accounts so they are maintained and also use these accounts to leverage new business opportunities within the account. The management of existing accounts will involve ongoing presentations, workshops and on-site support. As the accounts are renewed on an annual basis it is imperative that the client sees the value in the subscription and the servicing of their account.
The Account manager will form strong high level relationships with Mintel's core client base and establish opportunities to upgrade them to new products or services within Mintel's offering. It is expected that the manager will be traveling between 25 percent of the time within SE Asia.
- Lead the account management of Mintel's local and global clients in Philippines
- Promote consulting services in Philippines
- Conduct regular partnership reviews with key clients and form strong relationships to achieve upgrades
- Hit upgrade and consultancy targets as set by the Business Development Director for Philippines.
- Achieve a renewal rate of 94%
- Co-ordinate Philippines' account management and insight team to deliver high value service to client base
- Ensure quality control of data application work created by account management team
- Achieve a minimum of 20 meetings per month to be tracked in Salesforce
- Travel to SEA 1-2 per quarter as required for regional meetings
This is a very important hire for the business. The actual personality and ‘fit’ for the business will be as important as the technical skills required. The person will need to be comfortable working autonomously and without ‘day to day’ supervision. For example this person will need to know what is required to get and maintain the accounts/business – in summary ‘gets it and does it’.
The person will need to have had exposure to working in the FMCG, Agency, Market research or consulting sectors, or at the very least an account management experience within the sector.
The person will be;
- A self-starter and self-motivated
- Energetic and hungry
- Enthusiastic and passionate – have a genuine interest in the product.
- Have the presence and ability to ‘excite’ people about the service
- Intelligent – leaning more on the ‘quiet confidence’ as opposed to ‘brash’ sales style
- A consultative approach
- A listener and open
- An effective communicator – both written and ‘on his feet’
- A strong presenter
- An effective time manager – considering the travel and size of the region to cover
- Supportive of peers within the business
- Customer focused – committed to the customer and servicing the customer
- Interested in the FMCG space
- Multi-lingual (Filipino and English)
- Well-connected in the FMCG industry