Mintel is an independent award-winning provider of world-leading market intelligence, delivering robust information, analysis and critical recommendations. Mintel's trusted portfolio of proprietary industry solutions and products has been supporting high profile clients in key sectors such as FMCG, financial services, media, retail, leisure and education for over 40 years.
With an expanding global presence, our worldwide office locations include London, Chicago, New York, Shanghai, Tokyo, Sydney, Singapore, Mumbai, Seoul. With our expanding client base in North Asia, we are now looking to hire an Account Manager in South Korea to support Mintel’s clients and business in North Asia.
The Account Manager will report to the Country Manager of Korea. The role is to support the Korean business has focus in driving account retention and upgrades for Korea.
The Account Manager will be given a number of existing business/ accounts. These accounts vary in the sense of the management required – the role will need to manage the accounts and provide client support in terms of business partnering in how to leverage on their subscription to Mintel’s services for their business needs mainly in the areas of new product development, competitor monitoring, category and consumer trend analysis. The management of existing accounts will involve ongoing presentations, workshops and on-site support. As the accounts are renewed on an annual basis it is imperative that the client sees the value in the subscription and the servicing of their account.
It is expected that the Account Manager will be meeting at least 20 clients (new and existing) within Korea each month.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Understanding client business priorities and devising a service plan to fit client needs with the aim to renew and retain the account
- Performing regular trainings and presentations on site
- Delivering day to day client support to ensure Mintel services are relevant to the client’s needs
- Ensuring client retention and converting upgrade opportunities
- Driving Consulting and Field Service opportunities
This is a very important hire for the business. The actual personality and ‘fit’ for the business will be as important as the technical skills required. The person will need to be comfortable working autonomously and without ‘day to day’ supervision. For example this person will need to know what is required to get and maintain the accounts/business – in summary ‘gets it and does it’.
The person will need to have had strong exposure to working in the FMCG sector.
High proficiency in English, verbal, reading and written will be a key criteria as communication with other offices and analyst teams will be crucial for the role.
The person will be:
- A self-starter and self-motivated
- Energetic and hungry and fast learner
- Enthusiastic and passionate – have a genuine interest in the product. Have the presence and ability to ‘excite’ people about the service
- Intelligent – leaning more on the ‘quiet confidence’ as opposed to ‘brash’ sales style
- A consultative approach
- A listener and open
- An effective communicator – both written and ‘on his feet’
- A strong presenter
- An effective time manager – considering the travel and size of the region to cover
- Supportive of peers within the business
- Customer focused – committed to the customer and servicing the customer
- Have a background in the Beauty & Personal care sector
- Interested in the FMCG space
- Multi-lingual in English and Korean
- Well-connected in the FMCG industry