Mintel seeks to hire an ambitious and performance-oriented Account Manager to join our growing team in our Asia Pacific hub office, Singapore.
The Account Manager will take lead on a portfolio of key Mintel clients in the Singapore market, being fully responsible for establishing strong, high-level relationships with Mintel’s key client base and drive Mintel into a position where we are considered a valued and preferred research partner.
External: The focus of this position will be on-site account management designed to increase Mintel’s presence within each account. The Account Manager will lead both commercial and strategic discussions with clients to ensure client satisfaction, identify upgrade/growth opportunities, and develop a robust approach to increase and grow Mintel’s business portfolio.
Internal: The Account Manager is expected to learn and implement Mintel’s product suite to a high level, and additionally will work closely with Mintel product and service teams to deliver best-in-class solutions to clients. There will also be opportunities to be a key regional contact for select accounts to liaise with global counterparts.
A successful candidate will be:
- An excellent communicator; attuned and empathetic to (internal and external) stakeholder objectives
- Experienced in networking and relationship development
- Service-oriented, with the ability to articulate product value while also supporting client requests
- Naturally curious, and professionally consultative
- Always willing to learn and share success
Candidates will possess some experience/exposure in marketing and market research, together with a passion for client service and commercial growth. Experience in the FMCG industry is not a must, but would be valued. The candidate should be able to work independently as well as in a team.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Maintain and grow existing account relationships within the Singapore market, execute Mintel’s core client servicing strategy with each client and adapt appropriately to each client’s core business objectives
- Meet commercial KPIs (contract upgrades, consultancy sales, renewal targets) as set by APAC management team
- Execute Mintel’s core client servicing strategy with each client and adapt appropriately to each client’s core business objectives
- Manage and ensure client servicing requirements are met for each client by working closely with Mintel’s client support teams
- Leverage client relationships and playback client goals/objectives to grow accounts by securing additional products or services
- Drive and develop Mintel’s Consulting offering within the Singapore market, working closely with the local in-house Consulting team
- Network throughout assigned accounts by leveraging contacts throughout client organisation structure targeting across departments and at senior levels. Identify new champions within organizations to increase revenue streams
- Become a product expert across all Mintel CPG products and services
- Manage regional partnership of global key accounts, acting as the regional contact for Asia Pacific
- Ensure accurate recording of client details, meetings, objectives, opportunities within Salesforce CRM
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 4-8 years of proven consultative sales experience: CPG/FMCG experience a plus
- Strong background in account management and/or business development, with proven track record of success in expanding client relationships and maximizing account potential
- Strong business and work ethic
- Proficient written and spoken English with excellent communication skills