The Senior Insights Analyst – Insights and Consultancy, China is part of the wider commercial team and whose primarily responsibility is in supporting the Mintel Commercial Teams in client engagement for our subscription business in China, through the interpretation of Mintel’s data and delivering actionable insights that can be applied to the client business.
Act as an ‘Insights’ lead for Mintel, the Senior Insights Analyst – Insights and Consultancy China will demonstrate deep knowledge of Mintel products and their application, work with the Account Team to develop and deliver the Client Service program to increase China clients ROI and ensure we achieve our commercial objectives.
- Work with the Account Team in China to understand the service requirement of Mintel’s clients in China and take a lead role in developing client service program (with inputs from wider Insights/Consultancy Team)
- Take a lead role in creating contents for Macro Consumer/Innovation Trends Presentations, including (but not restricted to) localization of Global Trend Presentations to ensure relevance to Chinese clients and representing Mintel in public speaking Events
- Work with the Account Team in China to understand the client questions, curate content (within existing Mintel’s syndicated contents) to answer the questions and/or identify client questions suitable for consultancy/custom solutions
- Support other member of the Insights/Consulting Team on consultancy/custom projects
- Proactively provide ideas to improve Mintel’s Client Service/Insights Program, Custom/Consultancy offering and build sustainability to Mintel China business
As his/her experience grows, the incumbent will champion areas of the service model or part of the consultancy/custom offering and be known as the ‘go to’ across the commercial team for support in this area.
Experience and Personality Traits:
- The incumbent is expected to have a proficient knowledge of the innovation process and the role market research plays in the fast moving consumer goods sector
- Demonstrates capability of interpreting and interrogating data, crafting a compelling story based on data and turning insights into actionable recommendations
- Experience in managing ad hoc consumer research (quantitative and/or qualitative)
- Confident presenter, able to co-present report findings and provide valuable input in discussions
- Exemplary organisation skills; resilient to working under pressure and delivering against frequent and tight deadlines
- Capable of working independently and balancing a demanding workload
- Good communication skills, able to communicate with effectively wider insights/consultancy team in APAC and Mintel’s global research community
- University Degree+
- Minimum 3 years of market research/insights/consultancy experience in the FMCG sector, preferable in marketing research, marketing or consulting
- Native Speaker of Mandarin Chinese, Proficient in English
- Expected 40% Travel within Greater China Areas