The Associate Director of Insights, Payments, is responsible for bringing high-level insights to our financial services clients via our syndicated and custom marketing data, as well as monitoring industry specific-trends in the Payments industry (credit cards, lending, and FinTech) in both the U.S. and Canadian markets. He or she will be one of the key stakeholders in developing Mintel Comperemedia’s client-facing content and will frequently interact with and present to senior-level executives-- both internal and external.
This role requires a proven leader who can bring insight and strategic direction to lead our clients into the future. Working as a creative and curious thinker, this candidate will know how to capture the attention of senior-level executives with an ability to tell a story and demonstrate industry expertise while using Mintel data.
This deeply curious person should feel comfortable being an in-demand speaker and should possess confidence, patience, and poise in a swiftly changing business environment.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Provide insights to clients around key trends in financial services/payments including marketing strategy, innovation, new products, and other industry news in the form of white papers, blogs, and webinars
- Present industry and channel-specific implications to clients, in-person and via WebEx
- Work with Account Management team to retain existing clients and secure new business by effectively communicating business applications
- Collaborate with the research organization to develop insight-driven reporting that is relevant to financial services clients
- Seek out opportunities to speak at industry conferences and events
- Network with industry leaders and foster a collaborative relationship on behalf of Mintel
- Produce blogs and white papers and act as our industry spokesperson and financial services/payments thought leader
- Partner with product managers to develop and enhance existing products and services
- Educate sales and research colleagues on all things related to the payments industry; foster expertise within the research team
What We Are Looking For:
- 8+ years of professional experience in consulting, marketing, advertising, marketing research or competitive intelligence
- 2+ years of professional experience with a financial services provider (credit card, lending, or FinTech)
- Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated ability to translate data into business applications
- Demonstrated presentation skills required
- Strong verbal and written professional communication skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit; demonstrated ability to self-start, execute, and follow-through on ideas and projects
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills required
- BA/BS required, advanced degree preferred
- Up to 40% travel required; international travel to Canada included
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Vets