The BI Research Coordinator role is responsible for tracking new product information and creating specialised shopping list items for our field associates. This role is ideal for those wanting to expand their knowledge of global retail markets, gain experience in management and project management. This role is part of the GNPD Coverage Team, whose primary responsibility is to ensure thorough coverage of the GNPD categories through strategic management of our shopper network.
Reporting to the National Operations and Coverage Manager in China, this role is responsible for implementing the global methodology within the region.
The operation is based on achieving product collection targets from Shanghai, while still ensuring proper coverage of all beauty categories. This entails ensuring appropriate staffing levels, delivering necessary on-boarding and on-going training and directing shoppers to shop in the right locations and at the right times.
- Monitoring of new product launches in key markets – prestige and mass
- Creation of shopping lists of new product introductions
- Liaise with other members of the Beauty Team and Operations
- Monitor relevant online/print information for new product activity
- Attend trade shows when applicable
- BI Shopper management
- Recruit and train new shoppers as necessary to ensure a healthy shopper network
- Maintain a professional relationship with shoppers via all methods of communication and manage day to day queries from shoppers
- Process shopper invoices, ensuring shoppers are paid accurately and on time
- Problem solving - have the ability to identify problems and suggest solutions
- Fluency in English
The ideal candidate should have the following:
- Passion for Beauty and Beauty Trends
- Flexibility, be able to manage change in line with the needs of the business
- Excellent communication skills, to be able to comfortably defend our methodology and relay information clearly
- Good time management skills
- Be numerate; must be able to perform basic accounting tasks and monitor spending
- The ability to pick up tasks quickly
- Be a team player