Mintel is the world’s leading market intelligence agency, with offices in London, Chicago, Shanghai, Seoul, Bangkok, Belfast, Kuala Lumpur, Mumbai, Düsseldorf, New York, São Paulo, Singapore, Sydney, Tokyo and Toronto. Market intelligence is what sets us apart and what defines us as a brand – literally in fact: when the company was founded in 1972 it took its name from an amalgamation of the two words. We have been defining and refining the market intelligence mix ever since, to offer our clients a unique perspective on the consumer landscape ahead and a clear roadmap to navigate it with.
So what goes in to the market intelligence mix? Of course there’s data, and there’s market research, but there is also market analysis, competitive intelligence, product intelligence and, most importantly, the expertise to combine these elements in an expert synthesis that generates insight and recommendation rooted in cast-iron fact.
Our Business Development team focuses on expanding our client base in the Consumer Packaged Goods sector. This individual will join a very successful team that serves as an integral part of Mintel's business and will get the opportunity to partner with some of the key players in these industries to sell our entire suite of research solutions. The role requires a hungry and motivated salesperson but comes with a lucrative uncapped commission plan and incredible growth opportunities within the business.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Creating a consultative strategy to target clients within the CPG (beauty, food & beverage, home& personal care) space
- Identifying and prospecting key decision makers within marketing and research divisions to understand their specific consumer insights needs
- Delivering exceptional sales results against net-new revenue target on a quarterly basis
- Traveling to clients for face-to-face meetings, discussing the benefits and impact Mintel’s data can bring to their business
What We Are Looking For:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in new business development
- A “hunter” mentality with excellent closing and prospecting skills
- Prior face-to-face selling experience with proven track record in achieving and exceeding sales goals
- Experience in solutions-based selling (services as opposed to transactional products)
- Ability to travel up to 25% or as needed
- Highly polished, professional and consultative selling style and strong business ethic
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Vets