What we need?
- Understand the B2B sales and have connections in FMCG industry;
- Familiar with Professional Service industry business model;
- Location: Shanghai
As we expand our operations in China, we have a fantastic opportunity for a talented and ambitious individual to continue driving our business growth in Greater China as a Business Development Manager, who is performance-oriented and has a proven track record in achieving new business within the China FMCG, CPG and B2B Market. (Food & Drink, Beauty Personal Care, Healthcare, Business Services etc)
The Successful candidate will be based in Shanghai and will report into our Sales Director.
The Ideal candidate will possess general knowledge and interest in market research together with a passion and strong connection with FMCG clients, who must demonstrate an entrepreneuristic and consultative sales spirit to identify sales leads and to follow through with securing appointments, business meetings with an aim to help problem solve through Mintel’s tools.
To learn more about our services please copy the following links in your browser: www.mintel.com/products-services
- Work strategically with the team to start, grow and support all aspects of the business sales cycle
- Target new and previous customers in China via phone and email
- Manage and track a high volume of prospects in our sales database
- Gather and relay market feedback information to the sales and leadership teams
- Maintain records of all interactions with qualified prospects using our internal tracking database
- Set appointments and create research and marketing collateral to aid in client follow up
- Achieve monthly Financial and Activity targets.
- Provide weekly, accurate, sales forecasts to Management. The salesperson should be ready to talk about their prospects and strategies to implement and increase sales.
- Lead-source and make new business contacts, promoting Mintel and Mintel Products/ Solutions at every point, creating conversations that uncover reasons to use research.
- Perform onsite demonstrations and presentation to prospects and conduct them with the intention of making a Sale at the end
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Ability to travel
- Minimum of 3 year of sales and/or marketing experience
- Bilingual working language
- Must be willing to penetrate new markets and cultivate sales leads
- Must be a highly motivated individual with a positive, can-do approach to problem-solving
- Must have strong and persistent closing skills
- Confident in speaking and presenting to market research executives, VP Product Development, VP Marketing and other C-level professionals
- Multi city / province knowledge and experience / connections with FMCG industry is an advantage