Reports directly to General Manager, SEA and will lead total business development of Mintel in Indonesia. Key responsibilities include managing top priority clients in Indonesia so they are maintained and look for new business opportunities within these accounts. The manager is also expected to help in presentations, workshops and on-site support service to ensure these accounts are renewed on an annual basis. Aside from managing existing accounts, the manager will be looking for & opening new business accounts based on financial targets set for the market. Hence, an excellent account management, marketing management and customer acquisition skills are necessary in this role.
This is a very important hire for the business. The actual personality and ‘fit’ for the business will be as important as the technical skills required. The person will need to be comfortable working autonomously and without ‘day to day’ supervision. For example this person will need to know what is required to get and maintain the accounts/business – in summary ‘gets it and does it’.
The person will need to have had exposure to working in Indonesia and in the FMCG sector, or at the very least an appreciation of the challenges of both traveling and developing business across Asia.
The person will be;
- A self-starter and self-motivated
- Energetic and hungry
- Enthusiastic and passionate – have a genuine interest in the product. Have the presence and ability to ‘excite’ people about the service
- Intelligent – leaning more on the ‘quiet confidence’ as opposed to ‘brash’ sales style
- A consultative approach
- A listener and open
- An effective communicator – both written and ‘on his feet’
- A strong presenter
- An effective time manager – considering the travel and size of the region to cover
- Supportive of peers within the business
- Customer focused – committed to the customer and servicing the customer
- Interested in the FMCG space
- Well-connected in the FMCG industry
Mintel is an internationally respected company. The role is to lead business development whilst managing a handful of prestigious FMCG clients in Indonesia.
You should have account management/marketing management and customer acquisition skills, whilst ensuring that you can manage the required sales activity, across such a wide geographic area, in order to meet financial targets. You will be at ease presenting and negotiating with marketing directors, supported with a strong empathy and understanding of their business objectives.
Key to success is having the right attitude, enthusiasm, ambition and a positive outlook should all be characteristics you cherish and display. Ideally, you will have completed a degree and have a minimum of 5 years sales or marketing experience. Experience of selling consulting, marketing or research services within the FMCG and food and drink industries would be an advantage. Experience working across the Asian region would be an advantage. Flexibility to travel throughout the region and be based in Indonesia is essential.
- Tertiary qualifications such as business, commerce, marketing etc. would be most suitable but not essential.
- Demonstrated achievement and experience managing accounts and developing new business as a ‘hybrid’ role
- Managing/working with multinationals
- Sound sales experience – building the pipeline and managing the ‘end to end’ sales cycle
- Presenting and gaining credibility within the client base – can facilitate discussion workshops
- Working across the Asian market or knowledge of the region
- FMCG experience or interest in this sector
- Knowledge of Indonesia in the sense of being effective in these markets
- Integrity, loyalty and transparency – clear reporting of business activity
- Ability to negotiate
- Achievement focused
- Attention to detail
- Business acumen - commercially aware
- Customer service orientated
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills to effectively achieve business objectives – i.e. good time management skills
- Excellent relationship building skills internally/externally – can support the internal team
- Consultative style
- Sound presentation skills
- Team player – can be effective within the ‘small lean team environment’