With the continued growth and success of the Mintel FMCG team we are looking for an energetic Business Development Manager to join the Sales Team, to develop new business within the food and drink sector across the DACH region and German speaking Europe.
This exciting opportunity is for an accomplished, results-driven, exceptional B2B new business sales professional with plenty of energy and a positive attitude. You will have an interest or experience in selling to the FMCG sector with focus on Food & Drink. In addition to being an exceptional individual sales performer, the ideal candidate will have a strong work ethic and be a team player that wants to maximize their on target earnings. You will also need to show evidence of excellent sales results and feel at ease speaking with business owners.
The candidate will be responsible for new business development in the region, and should be experienced in selling to businesses of all sizes. You will be responsible for your own schedule, which will involve approximately 50% travel per month within the whole of Germany, making 15-18 new business appointments every month.
- Minimum 2-3 years proven B2B sales experience
- Consultative and solution oriented selling required
- Passion for selling within the FMCG sector and a personal interest in this market
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong business development background, with proven success in cold calling, obtaining referrals, maximising identified leads, networking and enabling a high volume of well targeted meetings
- Highly polished, with the drive and interest to keep abreast with the core issues within the FMCG and Food & Drink market
- Work as part of a fun, dynamic and successful team
- Fluency in German and English required
- Bachelor's degree required