As part of the global Consumer Research and Data Analytics team at Mintel, this Analyst will help provide a first class level of quantitative and qualitative consumer analysis and insight to the annual schedule of Mintel’s consumer reports within a variety of industry sectors such as food & drink, leisure, media and technology, retail, finance, beauty and household, etc.
This role requires working closely with one or more of Mintel’s in-house analyst teams in the U.S. and Canada, managing their research projects from questionnaire design through fieldwork and data analysis. Experience in designing online quantitative consumer research surveys as well as understanding data analysis techniques and their application is key and an integral part of your daily job routine.
As well as working closely with analyst teams, the role gives a high level of visibility and exposure within the research department as well as the opportunity to interact with other Mintel teams including Consultancy and Sales teams.
Designing consumer surveys: Working with report managers in the U.S. and Canada to design consumer questionnaires to meet research objectives and provide insightful analysis.
Managing supplier relationships: Liaising with external research providers, ensuring research is conducted on budget and to schedule.
Analyzing quantitative data: Using a wide range of research tools in SPSS (or similar statistical software) to analyze and tabulate quantitative consumer research data, as well as looking at or developing new analysis techniques.
Market forecast: You will be responsible for market forecasts using data sourced from Mintel’s market size database using a multivariate time-series regression approach.
Maintaining internal databases: Gathering market data through secondary research such as industry or government data (eg Census data). Furthermore, you will be expected to recommend and implement new secondary data sources for use within Mintel’s reports.
Developing in-house knowledge: Helping to design, conduct, and evaluate in-house consumer research training (including questionnaire design, data analysis).
Statistical consultancy: Acting as a consultant to internal teams providing expertise in selecting research methodologies, devising sampling and interpreting statistical analysis.
Implementing operational processes and changes: Playing a key part in the roll out of new operational developments within the research department (eg software, new processes), as well as proactively looking at ways in which we can improve best practices within the team.
Product development: Participate in and lead the development of research methodologies, as well as statistical techniques, to add further value to Mintel’s output.
- Bachelor’s degree (preferable Master’s Degree)
- 2+ years of relevant work experience within a market research agency/client side environment.
- Strong knowledge of designing and analyzing online quantitative consumer questionnaires.
- Experience with analyzing survey data in SPSS (or similar statistical software).
- Experience preferred in quantitative research methodologies and analysis techniques such as correlation, multivariate regression, segmentation using factor, cluster, and/or CHAID analysis.
- Experience in understanding and researching secondary data sources, such as industry or government data.
- Client relationship management, business development, and project management experience.
- Excellent analytical and interpretative skills, attention to detail, inquiring mind, creative ideas, and plenty of enthusiasm.
- Great organizational skills and the ability to work under pressure as you will be required to work on a number of projects at the same time and will be working to tight deadlines.
- Good presentation and communication skills with ability to explain and promote analytical output to non-technicians.
- A strong team player willing to help out others both within and outside the team.
- A high degree of numeracy.
- Fluency in English with impeccable spelling and grammar.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Vets