We are looking for a Consumer Research & Data Analyst with an interest in quantitative consumer research to join Mintel's Consumer Research & Data Analytics team. The role will suit someone who already has good knowledge of designing surveys, using SPSS and providing analysis of data. You will be working as part of a global team that provides a first class level of quantitative consumer analysis and insight to the annual schedule of Mintel’s consumer reports within the food & drink, leisure, media and technology, retail, finance and beauty sectors.
This role will require working closely with one or more of Mintel’s in-house analyst teams managing their research projects from questionnaire design through fieldwork and data analysis.
Designing quantitative consumer surveys: Working with report managers to design insightful consumer questionnaires across a variety of markets to meet research objectives.
Managing supplier relationships: Liaising daily with internal and external suppliers ensuring research is conducted on budget and to schedule.
Analysing data: Using a wide range of research tools in SPSS to analyse and tabulate quantitative consumer research data.
Working with other Mintel teams: Providing expertise in consumer research and offering statistical support.
Maintaining internal databases: Gathering market data through secondary research.
Who we are looking for:
The successful candidate will have:
- At least 1 years previous experience or internship in a market research
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 2:1.
- Knowledge of designing and analysing quantitative consumer questionnaires and data.
- Knowledge of SPSS (or similar statistical software).
- Knowledge of /interest in qualitative research techniques.
- Great organisational/time management skills.
- The ability to communicate difficult concepts in a clear, straightforward way.
- Some experience with secondary data sources, such as industry or government data.
- A high degree of numeracy.
- Fluency in spoken and written English.