We are looking for a Consumer Research & Data Analyst with an interest in quantitative consumer research to join Mintel's Consumer Research & Data Analytics team based in Shanghai.
The role will suit someone who already has good knowledge through course work and/or work experience of designing surveys, using SPSS and analysing data. You will be working as part of a global team that provides a first class level of quantitative consumer analysis and insight to the annual schedule of Mintel’s consumer reports within sectors such as the food & drink, leisure, retail and beauty sectors.
This role will require working closely with Mintel’s in-house analyst teams managing their research projects from questionnaire design through fieldwork and data analysis.
The core responsibilities
Designing consumer surveys: Working with report managers to build sector knowledge and design high quality quantitative and qualitative consumer questionnaires/scripts that meet research objectives and analysis requirements.
Managing internal and external supplier relationships: Liaising with external providers and the internal scripting team to ensure all research is conducted within budget and to deadline.
Using Mintel’s in-house reporting tool: As an expert user, helping report to analyse their data effectively. This also includes checking outputs and troubleshooting queries.
Analysing data: Using SPSS to analyse quantitative consumer research data. This also includes running advanced statistical analysis which includes, but is not limited to, correspondence analysis, CHAID, cluster analysis (segmentation) and forecasting.
Training & development: Helping to design, conduct and evaluate in-house consumer research training, as well as playing an active role in the development and implementation of new research methods, analysis techniques and operational process changes(eg new software, processes changes etc).
Maintaining internal databases: Gathering market date through secondary research.
Who we are looking for:
The successful candidate will need to be able to demonstrate:
- 2+ years’ work experience within a market research agency/client side environment
- Experience of Consumer Research’s Project management will be a big PLUS.
- Strong knowledge of designing and analysing quantitative consumer questionnaires, both online and offline
- Experience with analysing survey data in SPSS (or similar statistical software, this also includes running advanced statistical analysis which includes, but is not limited to, correspondence analysis, CHAID, cluster analysis (segmentation) and forecasting.)
- Experience with secondary data sources, such as industry or government data
- Bachelor’s degree or a comparable degree with a minimum of 2:1 in a relevant subject
- Highly organised with experience of project managing multiple research projects to deadlines
- Excellent analytical and interpretative skills with the ability to communicate difficult concepts in a clear, straightforward way
- High attention to detail with a focus on ensuring quality data
- A strong team player willing to help out others both within and outside the team
- A high degree of numeracy
- Fluency in both English and Mandarin