Do you love interrogating data? The world’s leading market intelligence agency, Mintel, is further investing in and developing its new product research platform, which captures consumer opinions on new food and drink product launches in the UK and France to help our clients to succeed when developing, launching and selling new products.
Mintel is looking for a bilingual (English-French) analyst to use a mix of both traditional analysis techniques and in-house tools to help manage this new product research platform with a focus on the UK and French markets. While liaising with colleagues in the US, Asia and Australia on a frequent basis, this role will focus on the day-to-day monitoring of the products’ data quality, the development of metrics based on consumer research data as well as acting as an internal consultant on research and statistics-related matters and develop analysis/reporting for clients.
- Maintain data quality: Monitor and manage the data quality process on a daily basis, address breaches in quality with sample vendors while working alongside developers and other product development staff to create data quality monitoring tools.
- Internal consultant on research-related matters: Regularly field data requests and other research and statistics-related queries from internal consultants and business development colleagues. Attend sales calls and meetings to answer questions from prospects about data and research methodology.
- Help generate and present insightful analysis: Develop and present meaningful analytical interpretation of consumer opinions on new product launches. Work with Mintel category analysts to develop high-quality insights to help solve clients’ business problems.
- Development of new metrics: Work with research team members to develop new ways to present data in a meaningful, actionable way to clients. Stay up to date with latest industry developments and implement these into the product.
- Product development: Participate in work related to major updates to the product (eg survey changes, data file updates, etc) and expansions of the research product as required.
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree (Masters’ degree preferred) or a comparable degreein a numerate subject
- 2+ years of experience in a market research environment (agency or client-side)
- Fluency in spoken and written English and French
- Passion for the Food & Drink industry and learning about innovative product launches
- Experience with concept testing and/or new product research highly desirable
- Advanced knowledge of SPSS (knowledge of R, Python, or SAS would be beneficial)
- Sound knowledge of primary survey research design, data management, analysis, and reporting
- Wide, practical knowledge of quantitative research methodologies and the ability to apply these appropriately
- Attention to detail essential