Why join Mintel? We are the world's leading market intelligence agency and technology underpins our success. We help our clients understand consumers and consumer markets and aspire to provide the market intelligence behind every great business decision. Our technology supports research, analysis, and operations work of Mintel staff and help us deliver data, insight and opinion in a compelling way to our clients across the globe.
We’re looking to add developers with 3 years+ experience in working with data processing technologies and techniques. Our market research solutions are increasingly making use of disparate data sources and processing at scale. Your experience capturing and structuring data from internal and web sources, natural language processing and data enrichment will help our project teams to deliver effective information streams to Mintel’s research team and clients.
In this role:
- Work with your development team to implement technical solutions to solve key data processing, collection and analysis problems.
- Work regularly with Product Development, Design, UX and IT Infrastructure colleagues to ensure our systems are delivering the right features in a reliable and performant way.
- Use your experience to suggest alternatives or to evaluate options we have to transform and process data in effective, configurable and reliable ways.
- Help to improve coding standards and team knowledge via your expert input.
- You’ll be expected to contribute to cross team discussions, as our developers help us to evolve our technical direction and best practices.
- While we have a lot of work focussed around data, you’ll be working on teams with a variety of developers with different specialisms. We’ll want you to contribute to team developments even if they’re outside of your specialism from time to time.
Experience with the following technologies useful:
- Relational databases: (We use MariaDB/MySQL, Postgres)
- NoSQL / Search technologies: (We use ElasticSearch)
- Language: Python preferred
- Python data science libraries (pandas, numpy, sci-kit-learn etc.)
- ETL / data aggregation tools
- Continuous integration: Jenkins
- Computing, Science, Engineering or Mathematics degree or equivalent experience coupled with a proven ability to solve problems with code.
- 3+ years of experience of developing software and using tools to process and enrich data
- Excellent communication skills, and a desire to work in a highly collaborative environment and participate fully in agile software development processes.