Why join Mintel? We are the world's leading market intelligence agency and technology underpins our success. We help our clients understand consumers and consumer markets and aspire to provide the market intelligence behind every great business decision. Our technology supports research, analysis, and operations work of Mintel staff and help us deliver data, insight and opinion in a compelling way to our clients across the globe.
We are evaluating systems and processes for modernising our entire technology stack, and we want Engineers with a passion for building reliable, scalable and secure systems that will form the foundation of our cloud based architecture.
This is an exciting time to join Mintel as we start to adopt Kubernetes - you will have a real impact in how we design, deploy and manage our infrastructure.
What is a Site Reliability Engineer? It’s a description that Google coined as an implementation of DevOps. We strive to follow the practices outlined in the Site Reliability Engineering book.
If your skills and experience will help us to deliver these improvements effectively, we want to talk to you!
What you will be doing
- Helping to deploy and maintain healthy Kubernetes clusters
- Helping to design and deploy stable, resilient and scalable systems required by our developer teams (such systems would include relational databases, key-value stores, analytic platforms and streaming/message-queues).
- Working on system monitoring tools and notification/alerting services
- Developing and optimizing automated testing and deployment strategies
- Helping to develop and optimize automated testing and deployment strategies
- Collaborating with our development teams and helping to form a strategy to migrate systems to our new platform, and helping development teams embrace automation and re-use practises
- Using and contributing to open source software
What we are looking for
- 1-3 years of relevant professional experience
- Knowledge of Configuration Management Systems, using an infrastructure as code philosophy
- An understanding of immutable infrastructure
- Comfortable with working on cloud-based infrastructure
- Experienced in using Linux
- Experienced in building Docker containers
- Experience in debugging system issues
- Strong problem-solving skills with a capacity for strategic thinking
- Programming skills - experience in Python, Go, Java or Shell would be beneficial
- An understanding of Continuous Integration & Continuous Delivery in the software engineering process
- Ability to automate processes, along with excellent security practises
- A mindset geared towards collaboration and open communication
At work you’ll be using Kubernetes, Docker, Terraform and Ansible; monitoring with Prometheus and Grafana, and you may have an opportunity to be involved in how we deploy and manage NoSQL and RDBMS servers, Caches, Queues, Elasticsearch, Solr and more.