Are you naturally curious? Do you love solving a good mystery or puzzle? Do you feel compelled to seek out the true meaning of things? Would you like to work with a team of passionate problem-solvers dedicated to bringing research insights and compelling data to life? If so, the Mintel Comperemedia Research team is looking for a Director who is passionate about connecting the dots and telling stories with the data and looking to mentor a team to do the same.
The Comperemedia Competitive Intelligence team acts as a trusted advisor to clients by providing thought leadership, strategic analysis, and insights. The Director is responsible for overseeing a team that gathers and synthesizes market and competitor intelligence into deliverables to support the client businesses. As a whole, the group is responsible for recurring market and competitor intelligence deliverables, while also balancing ad-hoc requests. The Director should relish leading a team in solving problems and finding connections amongst multiple data sources, including Comperemedia’s proprietary marketing-tracking database, client data, and other best-in-class sources of competitive marketing intelligence. The primary goal is to provide clients with new understanding of their industry, market and product category to inform business decisions.
The majority of the work is in financial services, but is not limited to that industry. A key component of the role is driving toward expansion. This is a highly visible role, providing intelligence in support of this client’s current and future initiatives. This person will work from Mintel’s Chicago office.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Overseeing a team of six Analysts
- Proactively developing and maintaining perspective on strategic implications of key developments in the competitive landscape and industry trends
- Guiding the team in regularly publishing, presenting, and communicating insights and findings to a broad audience on both a proactive and reactive basis
- Developing and managing the firm-wide annual competitive research agenda, which requires strong cross-enterprise consensus building, stakeholder management, and prioritization skills
- Developing strong relationships across the company and with clients
What We Are Looking For:
- 8–10+ years of work experience in competitive intelligence, consulting, or internal strategy; experience in financial services strongly preferred
- 3+ years managing a team of 5 or more people and client projects
- High degree of comfort dealing with ambiguity in a dynamic and fast-moving work environment
- Intense level of intellectual curiosity, and creativity in problem solving
- Demonstrated resourcefulness, with an intuitive understanding of leveraging personal network and navigating a matrix organizational structure
- Superior communication skills, both written and verbal, with demonstrated ability developing and materials and effectively presenting to executive audiences
- Strong and demonstrated teaming skills, with experience leading others both directly and indirectly
- The ideal candidate will have a strong interest / passion for the financial services, telecom, or insurance industries
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Vets