Are you an ambitious and performance-oriented individual looking for a role where you can combine your passion for consulting with clients and market research?
We are looking for a Director of Key Accounts to join our Comperemedia sales team in either our Chicago or New York office. In addition to be being an exceptional individual sales performer, this person will possess strong knowledge and interest in market research principles and disciplines. This position is responsible for managing and enriching key account relationships while also bringing in new business within an assigned portfolio of accounts.
A key component of this position will be to drive and develop Mintel’s Consulting/Services business within the portfolio, working closely with the Consultancy and Services teams and partnering internally across regions/departments to drive the latest Mintel offerings, identifying opportunities within the region.
What You Will Do:
- Sell our suite of primary and secondary research products and services, pitching to executives and their teams’ onsite
- Maintain and grow existing account relationships within an assigned portfolio
- Negotiate and close contracts and deliver industry-leading renewal rates
- Leverage client relationships to grow key accounts by securing additional products or services to achieve a growth target
- Create account business plans specific to assigned portfolio
- Identify new champions by networking throughout the organizations to increase revenue streams
- Deliver creative business solutions to prove ROI on a monthly or quarterly basis to aid in the renewal and enrichment process
- Drive consultancy projects within the portfolio by identifying gaps in region and recommending potential solutions by testing with the Consultancy teams to see if they’re viable – i.e. use as a test market for new options
- Deliver accurate forecasts to sales management
- Effectively utilize Mintel’s sales database CRM system (Salesforce.com)
- Consistently deliver exceptional sales results against target
- Travel 50% of the time to client locations for sales meetings and client consultations
What We’re Looking For:
- Minimum of 5+ years of professional client-facing experience in either sales or consulting
- Financial services or strong market research industry experience required
- Proven track record in expanding client relationships
- Demonstrated experience in maximizing account potential and closing new business sales
- An entrepreneurial spirit and go-getter mentality
- Highly polished, professional and consultative selling style
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Vets