Mintel is looking for a talented entry-level Front-End Developer to join the IT team in Chicago. This individual will be working on a growing team, developing marketing intelligence websites that are used by most of the largest CPG companies and financial services institutions in the US and Canada, as well as the data entry and quality assurance systems which power it.
Not only will you have exposure to our full software stack, using primarily Open-Source software but you will truly be able influence the direction of your team through continuous improvement activities. We work in a culture that fosters an entrepreneurial spirit so you will enjoy collaborating with your team in an agile open workspace or you can retreat to one of our quiet areas when you need to focus on individual tasks.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Participating in planning activities with the Product Owner and other stakeholders
- Collaborating with stakeholders to define, design and build the data visualization tools for Mintel’s products
- Developing features for our client-facing website and data entry software
- Demoing software to stakeholders and recording their feedback
- Participating in testing and other quality assurance activities
- Managing the deployment of new features to beta and live environments
- Contributing to continuous improvement activities
- Taking part in intensive pairing activities to get you up to speed quickly with our technology stack
What We Are Looking For:
- STEM degree or equivalent experience coupled with a proven ability to solve problems with code
- 1-5 years of experience (academic or professional) of software development
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technology platforms
- Experience in Python and Linux is beneficial but not required
- Desire to work in a highly collaborative environment and participate fully in agile software development processes
- Aptitude for identifying and solving problems, both technical and organizational
- Desire to enhance your development capabilities with some of the skills of a sysadmin, tester and DBA
Mintel does not offer sponsorship for this particular role, and so at this time, we are only able to consider candidates who do not have limitations in their ability to work in the United States long-term.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Vets