Why join Mintel? We are the world's leading market intelligence agency and technology underpins our success. We help our clients understand consumers and consumer markets and aspire to provide the market intelligence behind every great business decision. Our technology supports research, analysis, and operations work of Mintel staff and help us deliver data, insight and opinion in a compelling way to our clients across the globe.
We’re looking for a Software Developer with anywhere from 0 to 4 years of professional experience. Joining our established Chicago team, you will help us develop new client-facing features and optimize our research delivery systems and processes. We are continually evolving our technology, currently building a modern data processing architecture involving big data and machine learning technologies, as well deploying our services to the cloud to provide arbitrary or web scale capability.
We employ over 50 developers across our offices in Chicago, London, and Shanghai. Projects cater for clients around the world so there is a lot of collaboration with teams in other countries. As with a startup, our environment is dynamic and you will encounter many opportunities to take on new responsibilities and work on a wide range of tasks, whilst still enjoying the stability of working for a company that has been established for more than 40 years.
We challenge people but don’t leave them to work alone. We believe that having a team of supportive colleagues is key, and that developing and maintaining effective communication links with colleagues and clients is a critical to delivering software with consistently high quality. We also believe in giving developers the support to grow in their own personal development, whether they wish to become a technical expert, take on leadership responsibilities or move into more business-aligned roles later in their career.
- Participate in planning activities with the Product Owner and other stakeholders.
- Develop features for our client-facing website and data entry software.
- Demo software to stakeholders and record their feedback.
- Participate in testing and other quality assurance activities.
- Manage the deployment of new features to beta and live environments.
- Contribute to continuous improvement activities.
- Join a diverse, high-functioning Scrum team who enjoy great relationships with their Product Owner and stakeholders.
- Exposure to our full software stack, using primarily Open-Source software.
- A culture that fosters entrepreneurial spirit.
- Influence the direction of your team through continuous improvement activities.
- Collaborate with your team in an agile open workspace, or retreat to one of our quiet areas when you need to focus on individual tasks.
- Intensive pairing activities to get you up to speed quickly with our technology stack.
- Generous health insurance, vacation time, and 401k matching.
- Access to recreational activities such as Ping-Pong, shuffleboard, on-site gym and regular social events.
Experience and Skills:
- STEM degree or equivalent experience coupled with a proven ability to solve problems with code.
- 1-5 years of experience (academic or professional) of software development.
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technology platforms.
- Experience in web technologies, Python, and POSIX-based systems is beneficial but not required.
- Desire to work in a highly collaborative environment and participate fully in agile software development processes.
- Aptitude for identifying and solving problems, both technical and organizational.
- Desire to enhance your development capabilities with some of the skills of a sysadmin, tester and DBA.
Mintel does not offer sponsorship for this particular role, and so at this time, we are only able to consider candidates who do not have limitations in their ability to work in the United states long-term.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Vets