Why join Mintel? We are the world's leading market intelligence agency and technology underpins our success. We help our clients understand consumers and consumer markets and aspire to provide the market intelligence behind every great business decision. Our technology supports research, analysis, and operations work of Mintel staff and help us deliver data, insight and opinion in a compelling way to our clients across the globe.
We’re looking for a Front End Developers with at least 3 years of commercial experience. Our teams are adding functionality across several products, improving the tools our researchers and analysts use every day and building client delivery sites that showcase our research findings and data via compelling visualisations and intuitive interfaces. If your skills and experience will help us to deliver these improvements effectively, we want to talk to you!
In this role:
- Work with your development team to implement technical solutions to solve key business problems.
- Use your experience to suggest alternatives or to evaluate options we have to build really effective, flexible and easy to maintain front end solutions.
- Work with your development team and our Design and UX colleagues to help us deliver improved client experience of our products.
- Help to improve coding standards and team knowledge via your expert input.
- You’ll be expected to contribute to cross team discussions, as our developers help us to evolve our technical direction and best practices.
Primary Technologies Used:
- Web frontend technologies: React.js, Backbone.js, Bootstrap, SCSS, Selenium, webpack
- Web backend framework: Django
- Databases: MariaDB/MySQL, Postgres
- Search technologies: Solr, ElasticSearch
- Servers: Mixture of our own hosted network and cloud services on AWS
- Our next generation technology currently under development includes technologies such as Docker, ECS, Kinesis, Lambda, EMR, Hadoop, Spark, TensorFlow, CouchBase, Neo4j and scikit-learn
During our interview process we’ll want to see that you have extensive experience working with web front end technologies. Our scrum teams look after front and back end components of their products - we’re expecting that from time to time you’ll be able to assist with cases that are outside of your specialism.
- Computing, Science, Engineering or Mathematics degree or equivalent experience coupled with a proven ability to solve problems with code.
- 3+ years of experience of software development.
- Knowledge of data visualisation approaches and technologies.
- Experience working with your colleagues to integrate best practices into front end build or continuous integration pipelines.
- Excellent communication skills, and a desire to work in a highly collaborative environment and participate fully in agile software development processes.
- A history of working effectively with design and UX professionals.