In this role:
- Work with your development team to implement technical solutions to solve key business problems.
- Use your experience to suggest alternatives or to evaluate options we have to build really effective, flexible and easy to maintain front end solutions.
- Work with your development team and our Design and UX colleagues to help us deliver improved client experience of our products.
- Help to improve coding standards and team knowledge via your expert input.
- You’ll be expected to contribute to cross team discussions, as our developers help us to evolve our technical direction and best practices.
Primary Technologies Used:
- Web frontend technologies: React.js, Backbone.js, Bootstrap, SCSS, Selenium, webpack
- Web backend frameworks: Django, Alfresco
- Databases: MariaDB/MySQL, Postgres
- Search technologies: Solr, ElasticSearch
- Servers: Mixture of our own hosted network and cloud services on AWS
During our interview process we’ll want to see that you have extensive experience working with web front end technologies and a good working knowledge with a server-side web framework. Our scrum teams look after front and back end components of their products - we’re expecting that from time to time you’ll be able to assist with cases that are outside of your specialism.
- Computing, Science, Engineering or Mathematics degree or equivalent experience coupled with a proven ability to solve problems with code.
- 2+ years of experience of software development.
- Working knowledge of server-side web frameworks such as Django, Flask or Ruby on Rails
- Knowledge of data visualisation approaches and technologies.
- Some experience in following backend technologies would be beneficial: MySQL, PostgreSQL, Solr, ElasticSearch
- Experience working with your colleagues to integrate best practices into front end build or continuous integration pipelines.
- Excellent communication skills, and a desire to work in a highly collaborative environment and participate fully in agile software development processes.
- A history of working effectively with design and UX professionals.
Why join Mintel? We are the world's leading market intelligence agency and technology underpins our success. We help our clients understand consumers and consumer markets and aspire to provide the market intelligence behind every great business decision. Our technology supports research, analysis, and operations work of Mintel staff and help us deliver data, insight and opinion in a compelling way to our clients across the globe.