Mintel is an international leader in providing consumer market research and competitive intelligence tools as well as in delivering customised solutions to top-tier organisations.
Mintel is looking for a Global Analyst to join its team in London to create and deliver expert insight on beauty and personal care categories with a focus on colour cosmetics, fragrance & deodorants as well as exceptional client service. This analyst should have in-depth experience in the Beauty industry and an ability to combine that knowledge with strong data analysis skills to help our clients remain competitive in the future.
The Global Beauty Analyst will produce thought-leading written content and insight-driven analysis on the impact of cutting-edge developments in the beauty and personal care sphere and its application in consumer markets. This person will ideally have experience working for a manufacturer or brand within the personal care industry, a research /marketing strategy firm or as a journalist for a relevant trade publication.
The responsibilities of this position include:
- Identify and predict industry trends and white space opportunities for brands and manufacturers. Write monthly analysis for the Beauty & Personal Care product covering:
- Noteworthy global innovations and consumer behaviour
- Emerging ingredient and product breakthroughs in the BPC industry
- The influence of fashion, design, or art on various Beauty categories (Colour Cosmetics, Fragrances, Deodorants, etc)
- Trends, categories, and brand strategies
- Interact and engage with clients through presentations, webinars, ask the analyst sessions, conferences and trade shows
- Regularly speak with clients on global and regional trends and product development ideas
- Develop and conduct on-site client presentations
- Represent Mintel as an industry expert at tradeshows and with press
- Present at tradeshows, conferences and professional events
- Respond to journalists and other media requests
The required experience and skills are:
- Minimum of 4 years of experience working for a for a retailer, manufacturer/ brand, agency or market research firm in the beauty and personal care industry
- A passion for understanding the influence of consumer, fashion, art, and design trends on the beauty industry
- A talent for seeing the patterns behind data and understanding what these patterns might mean for consumers and the companies serving those consumers
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated presentation skills for large audiences and individual clients
- Complete verbal and written fluency in English required
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Ability to travel