Mintel is an international leader in providing consumer market research and competitive intelligence tools as well as in delivering customized consulting solutions to top-tier organizations. With group headquarters in the United Kingdom, and U.S. headquarters in Chicago, Mintel has been a market leader for over 40 years.
Mintel seeks a Global Food Analyst to be part of our Mintel Food and Drink team in Chicago. The Mintel Food and Drink platform focuses on providing thought-leading insights and analysis for an international base of clients. Our Global Analysts are tasked with challenging our clients’ thinking by providing fresh insight and analysis based on our proprietary data and market research.
- Work with Mintel’s international client base of major global food and drink manufacturers, retailers, and ingredient and packaging suppliers.
- Deliver insight and analysis at the category and broader consumer level through monthly articles and presentations.
- Engage with clients by presenting insights in person and via webinars.
- Speak at conferences, briefings and major industry events.
- Minimum of five years of experience working for a manufacturer or brand within the food industry in the US (and/or Europe), or relevant brand knowledge gleaned from working directly with the industry.
- Experience working for a packaging manufacturer, brand, research firm, advertising firm or as a journalist for a trade publication is required.
- Strong client development, presentation and consultancy skills.
- Ability to analyze multiple sets of data and write concise, insightful analysis.
- Ability to think creatively when analyzing and presenting data.
- In depth experience of disciplines such as NPD/competitive intelligence, brand development and consumer trends.
- Superior presentation skills and ability to be forward looking.
- Multi country knowledge and experience an advantage.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Ability to travel within the US or internationally up to 30%.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Vets