Joining an established R&D team, working on a greenfield project that incorporates cutting edge technical domains such as machine learning and data science; the candidate will ideally have a strong honours degree in Computer Science or numerate subject or equivalent work experience; relevant PhD graduates would be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Based in the Titanic Quarter, Belfast; the candidate will initially work closely with colleagues in Belfast and Chicago on an exciting initiative within Mintel, the world’s leading market intelligence agency.
At Mintel, we challenge people, but don’t leave them to work alone. We believe that having a team of supportive colleagues is key, and that developing and maintaining effective communication links with colleagues is a critical to delivering software with consistently high quality.
We also believe in giving developers the support to grow in their own personal development, whether they wish to become a technical expert, take on leadership responsibilities or move into more process-oriented roles later in their career.
- Honours degree in Computer Science or similar or equivalent work experience
- Python programming language and scientific ecosystem
- Scientific programming tools (NumPy, Pandas, MATLAB, R, D3)
- Excellent, team-oriented, communicator
- Strong problems solving skills
- Practical experience of machine learning and/or data science
- Scientific research experience, either academic or industry
- Experience using version control (preference of Git)
- Experience managing GNU/Linux based systems
- Exposure/experience with micro-services and RESTful APIs and/or GraphQL
- Knowledge of Natural Language Processing and/or Computer Vision
- Primary language: Python
- Devops: AWS, Docker, Terraform, Ansible, Git
- Machine learning/AI: SciKit-Learn, Keras, TensorFlow
- Databases: MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Neo4j (graph)
- Lesser used but still relevant: Protobuf, gRPC, OpenCV, CUDA
- Influence the direction of your team through continuous improvement activities
- Diverse team and modern, vibrant company culture
- Collaborate with your team in an agile open workspace
- Excellent flexibility and work/life balance
- Opportunities to collaborate with teams based in London, Chicago and Shanghai