INSIGHTS DEPARTMENTAL GOAL
Be a business partner to our client’s Intelligence needs by:
1. Providing our clients with cutting edge and thought-provoking insights behind trend observations in new product launches, consumer lifestyles, marketing claims, brand positioning etc.
2. Ensuring insights delivered can be applied by our clients in their business, e.g. brand communication strategies, competitor analysis, new product development, new market entry opportunities etc.
3. Attending consultancy briefs from our clients and devising customized solutions along with our Account Management Team.
1. Manage a team of Insights Trend Consultants in delivering the department goal and through that, drive Mintel’s client retention as well as consultancy revenues.
2. Work with global and regional analyst teams in coming up with category specific Mintel Insight presentations. Guide, review and brainstorm with Insight Trend Consultants to localize and customize these presentations where required.
3. Attend client meetings to understand their market intelligence needs and to work with the Account Management Team in devising solutions for our clients through the use of Mintel tools (that the client has subscribed to) and Insight Trend Consultant hours.
4. Guide, review and provide quality control on Insight presentations or project work under taken by the Insights Trends Consultants, ensuring presentations and project work delivered are in line with the client’s brief and project needs are met.
5. Deliver Mintel Insight presentations to clients, public relation campaigns with media and journalist, forum in trade shows or as required on an ad-hoc basis.
6. Continually looking for consultancy opportunities with our clients in consumer insight, brand building, strategic guidance and innovation services.
7. Being commercial face of consultancy business and helping to drive pipeline.
8. Work with AM team and commercial country manager to ensure a strategic and commercially driven solution is provided.
- At least 8+ year related working experience in the market research industry;
- Must demonstrate an understanding of global issues with local business applicability.
- Experience in Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) industry, and an understanding of the key issues affecting the CPG and foodservices sector.
- The ability to communicate difficult concepts in a clear, straightforward way, both in writing and in person.
- Exellent team management.
- Great organizational skills.
- Ability to talk knowledgeably and confidently with our clients and at industry events about your area of expertise.
- Fluent in English and Chinese
- Enthusiastic and a self-motivator.
- Willingness to travel, minimal 40% to 50% expected.