Mintel is a global market intelligence company, headquartered in London, UK. We work with the world’s most renowned consumer packaged goods companies and their suppliers. Mintel is also a leader in providing market intelligence and consumer insights in North Asia, and building on the success of Mintel’s China reports business, the company is also looking to expand into Japan..
We are looking for an experienced and ambitious research manager to work with a growing and talented team in China, and also help pioneer Mintel’s consumer research in Japan.
The Head of Reports North APAC will manage and grow an existing team of analysts responsible for producing our China reports, based in Shanghai, while also help set up a team to produce a new series of reports into consumer markets in Japan.
This role iwill require a unique set of skills; an ability to lead and mentor an up and coming set of researchers in China, and the experience of setting p a team from scratch for our Japanese project. The ideal candidate would need to be an excellent project manager, experienced in quantitative research, passionate about developing their team and an excellent cross-team collaborator and communicator. We are looking for a commercially-minded leader who will help us grow our business to meet our clients’ needs and exceed their expectations.
The successful candidate should be a team player with a positive attitude, with experience in and passion for the consumer research (most explicitly quantitative research)..
- Manage and develop the China report team to implement correct structure to cope with growing nos reports
- Set up and manage a Japan reports team
- Ensure reports are published on time and to the highest quality standards
- Supporting our Account management teams to manage client requests and ensure content is relevant to our clients’ needs
- Help promote interaction between the North APAC Report teams and other content teams, both locally and globally.
- Manage team to engage with clients by presenting these insights in person and via webinars..
- Speak at conferences, briefings and major industry events
- At least eight years of knowledge and experience gained from working in the field of consumer
- Ability to manage and encourage teams to hit the highest standards
- Coaching & mentoring skills to help bring team on
- Good process skills – ability to plan realistic schedules and manage teams team to hit key deadlines
- Ability to QC teams reports and provide constructive critical feedback
- Ability to think creatively when analyzing and presenting data
- Ability to interact and engage with clients and media
- Experience collaborating and communicating with cross-functional teams and internal stakeholders
- Ability to travel
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Passion for, and knowledge of consumer markets (by passion we mean the sensitivity to what’s happening in the market through daily observation of consumers and markets, and the patience to study deep into a subject)
- Experience in the consumer research industry (experience of designing or reviewing a questionnaire, understanding sampling methodology, confidence interval, consumer segmentation)
- Business acumen, strong analytical skills and be comfortable working with, interpreting and analysing data
- Good organizational and planning skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Strong willingness to communicate and work with different departments, with good communication and team working skills
- Mandarin and English to business level
- University degree
What we are looking for is a well-presented professional with critical thinking. By critical thinking we mean the ability to come up with an opinion by one-self (instead of repeating what others have been talking about), and this opinion is well argued with the support of relevant data/observation of the market.