We are looking for an HR Manager to work in a varied role responsible for an employee base of circa 450, working between our two central London offices and all employees working from their homes in Europe , the Middle East, and Africa Region and our and our satellite office in Dusseldorf. The role will carry broad, generalist responsibilities, with the focus being on employee relations, engagement and retention. This position will oversee all aspects of human resources with exception of recruitment and training, however, this role will liaison with recruitment and training to develop and improve the employee life cycle. The role is supported by an HR Executive.
The successful candidate will have experience in a similar role previously, in a position as a generalist adopting responsibilities for the full range of HR tasks and providing a very hands on service.
As the HR manager you will be looking after the London office reporting to the Global Head of Human Resources, you will also need to be comfortable in an advisory capacity, ensuring that the Directors and Managers are fully aware of developments in employment legislation that may affect them, or giving them guidance on HR best practice and how it could have a positive impact on staff and the wider business.
HR Manager Core Responsibilities:
- Regular formal meetings with leadership team members
- Ensue that a continuous dynamic conversation is established to understand and ensure pro-active support for all teams.
- Working with managers to create a culture which support Mintel core values and Competencies.
- The HR Manager shall manage end to end employee relations issues within the group.
- Ensure -Fun- is being injected in the everyday life of our employees by recognising cultural and company events.
- Ensure managers are recognizing excellence, and employees are being recognized for their contributions, through initiatives such as our MVP programme
Onboarding and performance management
- Ensure induction and onboarding processes are fit for purpose
- Design and deliver basic training in the areas of performance management, in conjunction with our training team
Management /leadership coaching & development
- Provide coaching and training to managers to ensure consistent best practice in people management
- The HR Manager shall oversee annual goal-setting and appraisal process
Facility and Administration
- Provide guidance and hands on management to the reception and office facility team in the absences of the Global HR Director
- Overseeing and assisting in the strategy for the corporate travel and crisis management procedures.
Manage and develop the HR Executive
- Ensure that the HR Executive is fully able to act as first point of call for generalist HR enquiries
- Ensure that the HR Executive is developing all round generalist skills and confidence in dealing with more and more complex HR questions.
- Ensure the maintenance of employee profiles and records within our company HRIS and online personnel records
- Perform periodic audits of system information
- Developing ad-hoc reports and managing system enhancements.
- Provide reports and data analysis as and when required.
- Teamwork: working collaboratively with others to achieve organizational goals:
- Adaptability: adapting in order to work effectively in ambiguous or changing situations, and with diverse individuals and groups.
- Client Focus: Providing service excellence to internal and/or external clients initiative: Dealing with situations and issues proactively and persistently, seizing opportunities that arise.
- Problem Solving: Identifying problems and the solutions to them
- The HR Manager shall have proven experience in a generalist HR Manager/business partner role from within a dynamic, constantly evolving professional service, media, creative or communications agency environment.
- Strong backgound dealing with difficult HR issues.
- Experience of working in a complex, matrix environment.
- Preferably experience working in a start-up environment.
- CIPD qualified
- Advanced level of Microsoft Office.