Mintel is an international leader in providing consumer market research and competitive intelligence tools as well as in delivering customized consulting solutions to top-tier organizations. With group headquarters in the UK, Mintel has been a market leader for more than forty years. As a result of consistent year over year growth and significant future market opportunity, we now seek an In-House Paralegal [Contract Specialist] to join the Legal Department.
This position contributes to our success by fulfilling the roles of craftsman and administrator. As a craftsman, you will relish the detail in and production of your timely written work, take pride in your creative solutions that resolve contractual issues while protecting Mintel’s critical interests, and satisfy your conscientious bent by making recommendations based on research and analysis. As an administrator, you will win the confidence of colleagues with competent management of a contract portfolio and your effective, regular communication about the status and progress of that portfolio.
- Prepare, review, and process legal documents, including license agreements, NDAs, GDPR DPAs, and sundry other commercial arrangements, within defined parameters
- Communicate with various intra-company departments and external contacts (including customer procurement and legal counsel) to clarify and resolve contract issues
- Maintain database of vendor contracts, maintain department file systems, and prepare and issue reports
- Perform research projects associated with commercial arrangements and intellectual property
- Completed a Law Degree/ GDL (LPC qualification is highly advantageous)
- Ideally 2 years relevant experience in- house or within a law firm setting with a working knowledge of a range of commercial contracts
- Works well in a document intensive environment and be able to deal with sensitive, confidential information
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal skills with the ability to build strong strategic partnerships
- Experience with market research, e-commerce, or intellectual property a plus
- MS Office skills (Word and Excel required; PowerPoint a plus)