Mintel are seeking a report analyst to help provide India centric content and client service for Global Food and Drink platform. The analyst will report in to the Head of MFD APAC, and ideally will have experience working for clients or agencies in the packaged Food and drink market in India.
While this role is part of the global MFD team and reporting to the Head of MFD APAC in terms of content management, the role will also have a dotted line to the Report Manager for India, to help manage client support. This role is designed to be the local India Food and Drink expert as part of our global team if industry experts.
Our Global Analysts are tasked with challenging our clients’ ideas and thinking by providing fresh insight and analysis with impact building upon our proprietary data and analysis.
In this role you will:
- Work with Mintel Food & Drink’s international client base of major global CPG brands, supporting our Account management teams through every interaction.
- Deliver insight and analysis at the category and broader consumer level through monthly articles delivered to our clients through the Mintel Food & Drink platform.
- Support the global MFD platform with regular monthly content
- Helps provide regular India Trend Observations
- Engage with clients by presenting these insights in person and via webinars.
- Speak at conferences, briefings and major industry events.
- Two to Five years food and drink industry knowledge gleaned from working in or with the industry
- Strong client development, presentation and consultancy skills
- Ability to analyze multiple sets of data and write concise, insightful analysis
- Ability to think creatively when analyzing and presenting data
- Educated to Bachelor’s degree level or a comparable degree with a minimum of 2:1 in a relevant subject.
- Ideally candidates will have had experience working for a manufacturer or brand within the food and drink industry.
- Alternatively candidates may be considered with experience in Research/advertising/marketing strategy and/or consultancy, provided they have worked with clients in the food industry.
- Experience as a market analyst or journalist for trade publications or industry specialists.
- In depth experience of disciplines such as NPD/competitive intelligence, brand development and consumer trends.
- Very strong analyst with good presentation skills and ability to be forward looking and base projections on fact, knowledge and good judgment.
- Knowledge of the Indian food and drink market is a requirement.