- This position is required to work in a B2B environment and requires the employee to work closely with global & regional FMCG clients.
- This role is pivotal in analysing, gathering and collating relevant and informative data from numerous sources to generate key insights. This role is crucial in delivering insights to clients, as well as enhancing and building the Mintel relationship.
- It requires the roll-out of the Mintel Insights Program across the Australia region, presenting on-site to multiple FMCG companies. The Insights Program covers key macro-consumer trends and their applicability to the food, drink, beauty and personal care spaces.
- As such there is extensive client interaction within this position, with the candidate’s presentation skills being of importance.
- Creation of the Australian regional report series, which consists of five reports on key categories and how innovation is playing out in the Australian market.
- For a selection of clients, providing on-site training assistance will also be required.
- Location: Sydney-based or Melbourne remote working
Major Responsibility Areas:
- Provide cutting-edge insights and thought-provoking opinion.
- Delivery of Insight Presentations in an informative and engaging manner.
- Research into FMCG (food / non-food) innovation trends in the Asia Pacific market, in particular the Australian and New Zealand markets.
- Provide customised data application support and leverage integrated insight to enhance the Mintel relationship
- Support the commercial team on client enquiries through providing data pulls and proactive content collation, in addition to training clients on Mintel products.
- Collaborate with consultants, research analysts and account directors on the creation and roll-out of the Insights Program across the region.
- Tertiary qualifications, 2+ years of experience in FMCG / consumer markets, brand strategy, marketing and/or market research/consulting.
- Fluency in both written and spoken English is required.
- Highly creative with strong content creation skills.
- Capability to interpret data and perform product gaps analysis.
- Superior communication skills -- including presentations, scoping projects, and writing proposals.
- Experienced analyst as project manager and individual contributor.
- Strong analytical skills & eye for visual detail.
- Time management.
- Enthusiastic and passionate and willing to travel to Melbourne (approximately once a month), and potentially Auckland (4 times a year). If Melbourne-based, requirement to travel to Sydney at least once a week. Potential trips to Singapore (up to 2 per year).