Mintel is a global leader in providing consumer market research, competitive intelligence tools and customized consulting solutions to large organizations. With group headquarters in London, and US headquarters in Chicago, Mintel has been a market leader for over forty years.
We have a great opportunity for a talented individual to join the IT team in Chicago as an IT Operations Coordinator. Working with the in-house software development team, you will take on some second-line IT support and operations responsibilities. You will be supporting industry leading market intelligence tools that are used by most of the largest food and drink companies and financial services institutions in the world, as well as the data entry and quality assurance systems which power them.
The role would offer opportunities for someone to broaden their experience of software and IT in an enterprise environment, working with an exceptional team of software developers. For strong candidates, the position may eventually lead to a software development or systems administration position.
- Join a diverse, high-functioning development team who enjoy great relationships with their stakeholders.
- Exposure to our full software stack, using primarily Open-Source software.
- A culture that fosters entrepreneurial spirit.
- Influence the direction of your team through continuous improvement activities.
- Collaborate with your team in an agile open workspace.
- Access to recreational activities such as ping-pong, shuffleboard, on-site gym and regular social events.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Monitoring automated error reports and network status systems.
- Raising and reviewing cases in Mintel’s ticketing system.
- Responding to incoming requests from internal users.
- Undertaking simple systems operations tasks to keep systems running smoothly.
- Triaging and escalating issues according to priority / urgency.
- Maintaining and updating systems documentation.
What We Are Looking For:
- An interest in computers in general, especially systems administration or software development.
- Experience with Linux and other Unix like operating systems and/or exposure to software development or testing would be an advantage.
- Customer-focused, with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills with good attention to detail.
- Highly self-motivated and able to work on own initiative while still being a good “team worker” by freely sharing information with others.
- The ability to work effectively in a stressful environment while maintaining a helpful, supportive approach and friendly demeanor at all times
- The ability to logically analyze, clearly document problems and decide on the best course of action.
Mintel does not offer sponsorship for this particular role, and so at this time, we are only able to consider candidates who do not have limitations in their ability to work in the United States long-term.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Vets