Mintel is a global leader in providing consumer market research, competitive intelligence tools and customized consulting solutions to large organizations. With group headquarters in London and US headquarters in Chicago, Mintel has been a market leader for over forty years.
Mintel is looking for a Jr Publishing Associate to join our in-house Digital Publishing team. The ideal candidate will have strong knowledge of Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and InDesign, and a keen eye for detail. The Digital Publishing team is responsible for publishing over 80 UK, US and International reports each month as well as content for over 60 categories within Mintel’s range of global vertical platforms.
- Online Publishing: Entering categories for Mintel’s global vertical platforms, ensuring that they are displaying correctly online and making any amendments as needed.
- Report publication – hard copy and Internet.
- Ensuring correct use of the template, applying correct styles, re-formatting and amending Mintel reports during key stages of the production process from first draft to final publication.
- Liaising with proofreaders to ensure deadlines are met.
- Processing Information - Compiling, coding, categorizing, calculating, tabulating, auditing, or verifying information or data
- Meeting tight publication deadlines, being in regular contact with the Research department to ensure that the schedule is adhered to.
- Performing general website report maintenance (creating report covers, archiving, amendments, and updates).
- Producing graphs in Excel.
- Producing PDFs from Adobe InDesign and MS Word documents
- Operate desktop publishing software (MS Word, MS Excel, Adobe) and equipment to design, lay out, and produce customer-ready copy.
- Position text and art elements from a variety of databases in a visually appealing way to design print or web pages, using knowledge of type styles and size and layout patterns.
- Convert various types of files for printing or for the Internet, using computer software.
- Collaborate with graphic artists, editors and writers to produce master copies according to design specifications.
- Establishing and Maintaining Interpersonal Relationships - Developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintaining them over time.
- University degree preferred.
- Professional experience is a plus but not mandatory
- Good knowledge of computer software: InDesign (Photoshop & Illustrator are a plus), MS Word, MS Excel
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Production and Processing - Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Critical Thinking Skills - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Judgment and Decision Making - Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Complex Problem Solving - Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Visualization - The ability to imagine how something will look after it is moved around or when its parts are moved or rearranged.
- Originality - The ability to come up with unusual or clever ideas about a given topic or situation, or to develop creative ways to solve a problem.
- Written Comprehension - The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Oral Comprehension - The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Perceptual Speed - The ability to quickly and accurately compare similarities and differences among sets of letters, numbers, objects, pictures, or patterns. The things to be compared may be presented at the same time or one after the other. This ability also includes comparing a presented object with a remembered object.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Vets