We are looking for a Junior Researcher to join our global Research team, reporting to a Regional Manager, to provide telephone and internet based research of the China and Australia markets. The successful candidate will be working with some of the most recognisable consumer brands, delivering market data, helping our global clients to grow and develop their businesses, responding to ad hoc requests, as well as feeding into long term strategic planning.
As Junior Researcher you will:
- Carry out economic market research for various different sectors within China and Australia, using desk research on secondary published resources and communicating regularly with trade associations, national statistics, governmental agencies and the leading players within each sector, both by email and over the phone.
- Find quality, timely and reliable data specifically on the market size, market segmentation, market shares, brand shares, key players’ performance and forecasts for each market.
- Input all relevant data into a web-based platform which will be quality checked and validated by the Regional Manager.
- Aim to continuously improve the research process, from the sources of information used, transfer of knowledge and final product quality.
- Provide insights and opinions into the markets where required.
- Establish and maintain excellent working relationships with contacts within research sources.
We are excited hearing from you, if you…
- are a Malaysian or a P.R. holder
- are educated to degree level
- have excellent analytical skills
- do enjoy working with numbers
- are fluent in English and Mandarin
- it is an advantage to have a good understanding of the FMCG markets and the retail structure of China and Australia
- have good communication skills
- have good organizational skills
- feel confident in conducting online desk research
- feel confident in conducting telephone research
- can handle Excel and Word