Do you love finding the story in data? The world’s leading market intelligence agency, Mintel, is further investing in and developing its new product research platform, which captures consumer opinions on new food and drink product launches in Australia to help our clients to succeed when developing, launching and selling new products.
Mintel is looking for a Sydney-based, data analyst to use a mix of both traditional analysis techniques and in-house tools to help manage this new product research platform with a focus on the Australian market. While liaising with colleagues in the US, Asia and Europe on a frequent basis, this role will focus on the day to day monitoring of the products’ data quality, the development of metrics based on consumer research data as well as acting as an internal consultant on research and statistics-related matters and develop analysis/reporting for clients.
- Maintain data quality: Monitor and manage the data quality process on a daily basis. Work with internal developers and the data collection vendor to address breaches in quality. Work with developers and other product development staff to create data quality monitoring tools.
- Internal consultant on research-related matters: Regularly field data requests and other research and statistics-related queries from Mintel consultants and business development colleagues. Attend sales calls and meetings to answer questions from prospects about data and research methodology.
- Consumer insights analyst of survey data: Develop and present meaningful analytical interpretation of new product survey data. Work with Mintel category analysts to develop high quality insights to help solve clients’ business problems.
- Development of new metrics: Work with research team members to develop new ways to present data in a meaningful, actionable way to clients. Tap expertise from outside immediate team members (other Mintel colleagues, data collection vendor).
- Product development: Participate in work related to major updates to the product (e.g. survey changes, data file updates, etc.) and expansions of the research product as required.
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree (Masters’ degree preferred) in a numerate subject.
- 3+ years of experience in a market research environment (agency or client-side).
- Advanced knowledge of SPSS, knowledge of R, Python, or SAS would be beneficial.
- Online research experience highly desirable.
- Experience with concept testing and/or new product research highly desirable.
- Sound knowledge of primary survey research design, data management, analysis, and reporting.
- Wide, practical knowledge of quantitative research methodologies and the ability to apply these appropriately.
- Strong data analysis and interpretive skills. The ability to extract ‘the story’ and meaningful insights from raw data.
- Ability to effectively communicate data, statistics and other research-related findings and concepts to non-researchers.