Can you convey an idea? Can you do it succinctly?
We are looking for a talented writer that can help take Mintel’s creative to the next level.
You will have a bright enquiring mind, a masterful command of the written word and a portfolio that rocks.
Based in London, you’ll be joining a vibrant Global Marketing team of 30 people (17 of which are based in London). You’ll be working on creative across digital, print, video and events.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & WORK ACTIVITIES:
Working closely with the wider marketing team the Marketing Writer will:
- Develop copy according to campaign briefs and targeted audiences
- Quality control all external facing marketing copy
- Write engaging value proposition and marketing copy for various products, advertising, thoughtpieces, events, website copy, and other marketing materials
- Create content to help educate prospects and customers about Mintel solutions, as well as motivate and inspire customers to take action
- Research and fully understand Mintel products and services in order to develop deep marketing content for them
- Review and curate the company’s collateral and ensure the content within it supports our overall business and product proposition
- Support content visibility, transparency, production and brand governance
- Actively monitor the competitive environment for optimal positioning
- Work effectively and enthusiastically with sales and product teams to translate strategic initiatives into specific content projects
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Direct experience writing clear, persuasive, original copy.
- Meticulous attention to detail, strong eye for catching design, typography, layout flaws as well as top proofreading skills
- Bring a creative, critical, and analytical approach to planning sessions
- Ability to translate marketing plans into real messaging and campaigns
- Self-starter with a strong desire to participate in and contribute to an entrepreneurial organization
- Must enjoy a fast-paced environment with multiple simultaneous tasks, tight deadlines and frequent high-peak times
- Ability to work well within a team, as well as the ability to work independently and take ownership of projects/tasks
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
Must have a writing portfolio
Must be able to demonstrate experience of writing for business.
Will most likely be educated to degree level or have 2-3 years industry experience in communications/ creative roles.