Our Marketing department is looking for a PR and Communications Executive focused on the India market, with ad hoc help into other markets across Asia-Pacific. The ideal candidate is a talented, hard-working individual looking to develop their career with a fast-paced company.
The role will help develop, implement and coordinate the public relations strategy with a specific remit for Mintel’s core business in India. In addition, they will provide event management and be the marketing point of contact for the commercial team on the ground.
They will have a good knowledge of the local media landscape, with the ability to craft a strong media story using research and analysis from across Mintel’s research and content resources. Additionally, they will be aware of the commercial impact of PR, with the skills to monitor Mintel's media presence and report back on the implications of the coverage that has been received, and adjusting strategy as needed.
Being on the front line of media interaction for Mintel, the candidate will nurture existing relations with prominent media and develop new relationships across international, national and trade media outlets with a view of growing awareness of the Mintel brand, products and services and increasing Mintel’s share of voice in the competitive landscape.
- Raise the profile of Mintel in India through PR and media exposure.
- Alongside the wider APAC PR team, develop and implement strategic corporate and product PR media plans in accordance with the global marketing strategy.
- Evaluate and develop relationships with media to ensure focus on the key contacts within target publications.
- Manage relationships with key media contacts through proactive outreach and keep the PR contacts database updated.
- Respond to incoming media requests and arrange media interviews with relevant analysts.
- Proactively identify trends and pitch ideas to generate media coverage.
- Write communications that effectively position Mintel’s business segments and its services, including press releases, pitches and articles.
- Facilitate and develop external and internal communications using all available channels effectively.
- Work with South Asia Marketing and PR teams to coordinate and create marketing content.
- Create social media and digital content to share across Mintel’s online channels.
- Regularly monitor on the success of PR activities and provide monthly and quarterly reporting with a focus on building the profile of PR internally.
- Manage events and tradeshows.
- Be the local marketing support for the India team.
Required skills / abilities
- Demonstrable media contacts in India - particularly with the food and drink, beauty and personal care and marketing trade press. National and wider media contacts also desirable.
- Strong editorial and journalistic capabilities. Have a nose for a story and ability to tell it. Writing, editing, proofing.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail and a contagious enthusiasm for the work Mintel does that will be passed on to media.
- Strong organisational skills and good work ethic, with attention to detail.
- Ability to prepare and disseminate data quickly and effectively to numerous media contacts.
- Ability to consistently work well with others and negotiate for optimal outcomes.
- Ability to work across offices, regions and time zones.
- Proven strategic, planning, and multitasking skills.
- Proven experience executing integrated communications for internal and external audiences.
- Demonstrable proactive and reactive media relations knowledge and skills including development of news media contacts and news release development.
- Track record of high performance under pressure and adherence to deadlines with a quality product.
- Demonstrable business maturity and professionalism.
- Understanding of working within corporate structure for approval processes.
- Proficient use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and social media networks.
Required Experience / Education
- 3 years PR experience required in a corporate or agency setting.
- BA in English, Marketing, Public Relations, Journalism, Communications or a related discipline desirable.
- Event management experience desirable.