The PR and Content Executive, North Asia will help develop, implement and coordinate the traditional and social media relations strategy, as well as support internal communications and content marketing initiatives in an effort to build Mintel’s brand awareness and market share across China and North Asia. Being on the front line of media interaction in Mintel’s Shanghai office, the candidate will help nurture existing relations with prominent media, and develop some along the way, with a view of growing awareness of the Mintel brand and shouting about our products, services and expertise.
The candidate will also be responsible for creating and sharing content from across the APAC region, including blog ideas and implementation and sharing on relevant social media channels.
- Alongside the wider APAC PR team, implement strategic corporate and product PR media plans in accordance with the overall marketing strategy.
- Evaluate and develop relationships with media to ensure focus on the key publications within China and North Asia.
- Manage relationships with key media contacts through proactive outreach and keep the PR contacts database updated.
- Respond to incoming media requests and arrange media interviews with relevant analysts
- Proactively identify trends and pitch ideas to generate media coverage.
- Write communications that effectively position Mintel’s business segments and its services, including press releases, pitches, blog posts, social media content and articles.
- Identify and advise on social media channels appropriate for B2B business in region. Create social media and digital content to share across Mintel’s online channels, including regular reporting.
- Plan and manage media events and briefings.
- Advise analyst team on media interaction and best practices.
- Regularly monitoring on the success of PR activities, with a focus on building awareness and generating ROI, for monthly, quarterly and annual reporting.
- Manage blog posts and contributions for the North Asia region.
- Manage content calendar for region and proactively look for opportunities to utilise existing content in marketing activity.
Required Skills / Abilities
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills (in both English and Chinese).
- Contagious enthusiasm for the work Mintel does that will be passed on to media.
- Strong organisational skills and good work ethic, with attention to detail.
- Ability to prepare and disseminate data quickly and effectively to numerous media contacts.
- Proven strategic, planning, and multitasking skills.
- Proven experience developing integrated communications for internal and external audiences.
- Demonstrable proactive and reactive media relations knowledge and skills, including the development of news stories, media contacts and press releases.
- Ability to consistently work well with others – both in the same office/time zone and those in different offices/time zones - and negotiate for optimal outcomes.
- Track record of high performance under pressure and adherence to deadlines with a quality outcome.
- Demonstrated business maturity and professionalism.
- Understanding of working within corporate structure for approval processes.
- Proficient use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and social media networks.
- Familiarity with content localization/social media.
- Demonstrable network of media contacts in China and/or wider North Asia region.
- Experience of event planning/management a plus.
- Written and/or verbal communication skills in Korean and/or Japanese a plus.