Mintel is the world’s leading global market intelligence agency, providing consumer, market, product and competitive research and customised consulting solutions to some of the world’s largest organizations. With over 20,000 media mentions a year, Mintel is never far from the headlines. The global PR team helps inform Mintel’s worldwide audience of the latest trends, innovations and market developments to impact a diverse range of consumer markets. We are now looking for an exceptional PR Executive to join our dynamic and driven Public Relations team in EMEA, specifically to support our continued growth in the German media market.
With a positive, proactive attitude, the EMEA PR Executive will help coordinate and implement the region’s public relations, social media and communications strategies, supporting Mintel’s aggressive business goals in Germany, with additional focus on Poland, Austria and Switzerland.
On the media front lines for Mintel, the candidate will help nurture existing and develop new relationships with prominent national and trade media across the German-speaking markets from our global headquarters in London with a view of growing awareness of the Mintel brand.
Eager to join an exciting, fast-paced work environment – with the look and feel of a successful media agency – as a key member of the global PR team, the EMEA PR Executive will report to the EMEA Senior Communications Manager and sit with the wider EMEA marketing team among colleagues from around the world.
- Raise the profile of Mintel in our key European markets – with a specific focus on Germany, Poland, Austria and Switzerland – through PR and media exposure.
- Alongside the wider EMEA and global PR teams, implement strategic corporate and product PR plans in accordance with the overall PR and marketing strategies.
- Evaluate and develop relationships with media to ensure focus on the key contacts within target national and trade publications.
- Manage relationships with key media contacts through proactive outreach.
- Respond to incoming media requests and arrange media interviews with relevant analysts.
- Proactively identify trends and pitch ideas to generate media coverage.
- Write communications that effectively position Mintel’s business segments and services, including press releases, blog posts, content marketing pieces, media pitches and articles.
- Create social media and digital content to share across Mintel’s online channels, and advise on the most appropriate PR and social media approaches for the German-speaking markets.
- Regularly monitor and report on the success of PR activities, with a focus on building awareness and generating ROI. Feed into global PR and marketing team reporting.
Required skills / abilities
- Fluent in spoken and written German and English; other European languages (French, Polish etc.) are desirable.
- Able to demonstrate knowledge of the German media market, particularly the national, and food and drink trade press (other European countries desirable).
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail and a contagious enthusiasm for the work Mintel does that will be passed on to media.
- Strong organisational skills and good work ethic.
- Ability to prepare and disseminate data quickly and effectively to numerous media contacts.
- Proven planning and multitasking skills.
- Ability to consistently work well with others and negotiate for optimal outcomes.
- Track record of high performance under pressure and adherence to deadlines with a quality product.
- Demonstrated business maturity and professionalism.
- Proficient use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and social media networks.
Required Experience / Education
- 1-2 years PR experience required in a corporate or agency setting.
- BA in English, Marketing, Public Relations, Journalism, Communications or a related discipline desirable.