Are you passionate about product development? Can you lead projects and teams? Are you a great communicator who loves coming up with simple solutions to difficult problems? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you on our Product Development team. You need to be well organized, pragmatic and keen to work with a wide variety of people and teams to help make the best decisions for the future of our products.
As a Mintel Product Manager, you’ll be heavily involved in the ongoing tactical and strategic development of Mintel's products, including support of our global client base. You will be engaged with development work on a number of different projects and products, depending on the needs of the business.
- Act as a champion and thought leader for Mintel’s products.
- Work closely with the Sales, Research, Client Development and Marketing teams to identify marketplace opportunities, client needs and client satisfaction levels. Use data and insight gathered to drive strategic decision-making and development of requirements.
- In conjunction with Sales and Marketing, develop business plans including market size analysis and profit and loss projections for enhanced or new product offerings.
- Manage the product development process from idea generation to delivery. This includes needs assessment, creating comprehensive product specification, managing project plans, testing of new development and leading cross-functional project teams.
- Assist with day-to-day management of Mintel’s products. This includes ongoing prioritization of issues, change requests and new feature requests. Manage a strong working relationship with IT to ensure needs are met and deadlines are observed.
- Partner with Sales, Marketing and Research to develop and deliver excellent communication plans for all product changes and improvements.
- Continue ongoing Voice of the Customer program with regular travel to clients.
- Potential for periodic travel to all major Mintel offices (Chicago, London, Shanghai)
Required Skills / Abilities:
- Minimum 3 years business related experience, focused on product management
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Excellent written and oral communication and listening skills
- Proven experience and success with agile project management practices
- Ability to present and facilitate meetings at top management level
- Ability to maintain good working relations while simultaneously taking a confident stand to solve problems
- Ability to negotiate for optimal outcomes
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, adhere to deadlines, deliver high-quality results and to manage multiple priorities
Required Experience / Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree, ideally in marketing, business, IT or advertising.