Senior Consumer Finance Analyst
We are looking for a talented research analyst for our consumer financial services team. The role will suit a candidate with a strong background in generating insight from a wide range of research sources, as well as excellent writing and presentation skills. Experience of the financial services industry is highly desirable, although we would consider applications from candidates without direct experience, but who can demonstrate exceptional writing and analysis skills and a broader understanding of consumer markets.
You will be working as part of a team of financial services analysts, sharing ideas and insight, but also taking ownership of specific product areas, where you will have responsibility for researching, writing reports, dealing with client queries, and working with Mintel’s in-house statisticians, sales team and marketing/PR teams.
Report research and writing: You will be using a wide range of research tools, including primary and secondary sources alongside quantitative and qualitative consumer research, to create insightful, relevant reports into a wide range of consumer-facing financial services markets.
Insight generation: Both as part of the report writing process and in your interactions with clients and industry figures, you’ll need to be able to turn consumer research findings, market data and industry knowledge into actionable insight for clients.
Building relationships with clients and industry figures: Mintel’s clients range from small marketing agencies to the multi-national giants of the financial services industry. Information flows both ways. We help clients understand the markets in which they or their clients are operating, but also draw on their knowledge as part of the report-writing process, conducting trade interviews in order to gain insight into the key issues facing the industry.
Working with other Mintel teams: Analysts have daily contact with a wide range of colleagues in other areas of the company. Key contacts include our global team of financial services analysts, research services team, who manage consumer research and provide statistical support, our sales team, and our PR and marketing teams.
Who we are looking for:
The ideal candidate will need to be able to demonstrate:
- Experience of the consumer financial services sector.
- The ability to communicate difficult concepts in a clear, straightforward way.
- A high degree of numeracy and strong educational achievement
- Secondary research skills: as well as our own data, Mintel reports make extensive use of secondary data sources, such as industry or government data.
- A talent for seeing the patterns behind data, and understanding what these patterns might mean for consumers and the companies serving those consumers.
- Great organisational and presentation skills.
- Ability to talk knowledgeably and confidently with our external clients about your reports/insights
- Ability to talk knowledgeably with our internal sales teams and global analysts about your reports/insights.