Mintel is a global leader in providing consumer market research, competitive intelligence tools and customized consulting solutions to large organizations. With group headquarters in London and US headquarters in Chicago, Mintel has been a market leader for over forty years.
Mintel is in search of an experienced research and market analyst with expertise in financial services to join the Reports team. The qualified individual will contribute to our internationally recognized publications by creating relevant, thoughtful, comprehensive market reports. This analyst will apply his/her extensive industry knowledge and critical thinking to both qualitative and quantitative research. This expert will join a team of industry analysts dedicated to delivering compelling syndicated Reports to a wide range of the world’s largest and most creative companies.
The Financial Services Analyst works as part of a team of Analysts, sharing ideas and insight, while taking ownership of specific product areas. Main responsibilities include researching, writing Reports, presenting findings to clients, handling client queries, and working with Mintel’s sales and marketing/PR teams.
Insight generation and analysis:
- Create insightful, relevant analysis of the financial services industry that includes consumer, market, and/or financial institution research and perspective.
- Evaluate industry trends in the context of economic, consumer, and social trends
- Develop consumer surveys and turn consumer research findings, market data and industry knowledge into actionable insights, providing critical thinking, insight and forward looking statements that impact our readers’ business/careers.
- Employ a wide range of research tools, including primary and secondary sources alongside quantitative and qualitative consumer research.
- Interact with a wide variety of clients ranging from small marketing agencies to large corporations
- Provide insight directly to clients around key trends and product activity, in-person, over the phone and through webinars
- Ability to work across teams and across functions within the organization
- Act as Mintel spokesperson for financial markets
Experience & Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree required; advanced degree preferred
- Minimum three to five (3-5) years’ experience in a research, branding or consulting role
- Experience working in financial markets preferred
- Expertise in developing research objectives and driving consumer research to meet objectives
- A talent for seeing the patterns behind data, and understanding what these patterns mean from a business standpoint
- Self-motivated, curious, creative, ability to think strategically, while following set processes with strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively, both independently and in a team environment, in an atmosphere of multiple projects, shifting priorities, and deadline pressures.
- Exceptional communication skills, written and oral
- Expertise working with syndicated consumer research such as Simmons National Consumer Survey
- Expertise working in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to travel up to 5% of the time
At Mintel, you will receive...
- Full suite of medical, vision, and dental insurance
- Competitive salary
- 20 days of PTO and 10 paid holidays
- Free gym in building
- Employee 401k Program with employer match
- Company-paid Life and Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Company-sponsored Intramural sports
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Vets