Mintel is a global market intelligence company, headquartered in London, UK. We work with the world’s most renowned consumer packaged goods companies and their suppliers. Building on its success, Mintel is expanding the China food and drink research team.
We are looking for an ambitious food and drink analyst to work with a growing team in China and also interact with our global team. This opportunity will offer you the chance to develop your own expertise on the China FMCG sectors, whilst giving you the opportunity to interact and influence of the world’s largest consumer brands, marketing and advertising agencies.
- Work with Mintel Food & Drink client base supporting our Account management teams to deliver insights
- Deliver insight and analysis at the category and broader consumer level through monthly analysis delivered to our clients through the Mintel Food & Drink platform.
- Engage with clients by presenting these insights in person and via webinars.
- Speak at conferences, briefings and major industry events
- Meet tight publication deadlines
- At least five years of knowledge and experience gained from working in or with any in the industry sectors: food and drink, retail, and consumer trends
- Ability to analyze multiple sets of data and write concise, insightful analysis
- Ability to think creatively when analyzing and presenting data
- Ability to interact and engage with clients and media
- Experience collaborating and communicating with cross-functional teams and internal stakeholders
- Ability to travel
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Passion for, and knowledge of consumer markets (by passion we mean the sensitivity to what’s happening in the market through daily observation of consumers and markets, and the patience to study deep into a subject)
- Experience in the consumer research industry (experience of designing or reviewing a questionnaire, understanding sampling methodology, confidence interval, consumer segmentation)
- Business acumen, strong analytical skills and be comfortable working with, interpreting and analysing data
- Good organizational and planning skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Strong willingness to communicate and work with different departments, with good communication and team working skills
- Mandarin and English to business level
- University degree
What we are looking for is a well-presented professional with critical thinking. By critical thinking we mean the ability to come up with an opinion by one-self (instead of repeating what others have been talking about), and this opinion is well argued with the support of relevant data/observation of the market.
The interview process
The candidate with a qualified CV will be firstly interviewed by HR and the line manager. This will then be followed by a written test and a final interview by Head of Research (including a short presentation based on the written test).