Mintel is in search of an experienced research and market analyst with expertise in foodservice. The qualified individual will contribute to our internationally recognized publications by creating relevant, thoughtful, comprehensive market reports. This analyst will apply his/her extensive foodservice industry knowledge and critical thinking to both qualitative and quantitative research. This expert will join a team of industry analysts dedicated to delivering compelling syndicated Reports to a wide range of the world’s largest and most creative companies.
The Foodservice Analyst works as part of a team of Analysts, sharing ideas and insight, while taking ownership of specific product areas. Main responsibilities include researching, writing Reports, writing and updating deliverables for our Menu Insights platform, presenting findings to clients, handling client queries, and working with Mintel’s sales and marketing/PR teams.
What You Will Be Doing:
Insight generation and analysis:
- Create insightful, relevant analysis of foodservice markets that include consumer, market, operator, and/or supplier research and perspective and key industry issues (ingredients, trends, flavors, preparations, etc.)
- Develop consumer surveys and turn consumer research findings, market data and industry knowledge into actionable and relevant insights, providing critical thinking, insight and forward looking statements that impact our readers’ business/careers.
- Employ a wide range of research tools, including primary and secondary sources alongside quantitative and qualitative consumer research, and our database of menu information.
- Interact with a wide variety of clients ranging from small marketing agencies to multi-national foodservice giants
- Provide insight directly to clients around key trends and market activity, in-person, over the phone and through webinars
- Build strong relationships with a wide range of colleagues in other areas of the company including Global Analysts, Operations, Client Service, Consulting, Research Analytics, Sales, and Marketing teams.
- Act as Mintel spokesperson for specific foodservice markets
- Partner with Product Managers to develop and enhance existing products and services
What We Are Looking For:
- Bachelor’s Degree required; advanced degree preferred
- 3-5 years of experience in a research, branding or consulting role within the foodservice industry
- A keen interest in or knowledge of menu, culinary and flavor trends is a plus
- Expertise reading and interpreting consumer research data
- A talent for seeing the patterns behind data, and understanding what these patterns mean from a business standpoint
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively, both independently and in a team environment, in an atmosphere of multiple projects, shifting priorities, and deadline pressures.
- Exceptional communication skills, written and oral
- Demonstrated presentation skills for large audiences and individual clients
- High level of organization and scheduling abilities
- Expertise working with syndicated consumer research such as Simmons National Consumer Survey or MRI
- Expertise working in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to travel up to 5% of the time
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Vets