Mintel is a global leader in providing consumer market research, competitive intelligence tools and customized consulting solutions to large organizations. With group headquarters in London and US headquarters in Chicago, Mintel has been a market leader for over forty years.
Mintel is in search of an experienced research and market analyst with expertise in OTC remedies and general wellness trends. The qualified individual will contribute to our internationally recognized publications by creating relevant, thoughtful, comprehensive market reports. This analyst will apply his/her extensive industry knowledge and critical thinking to both qualitative and quantitative research. This expert will join a team of industry analysts dedicated to delivering compelling syndicated and custom reports to a wide range of the world’s largest and most creative companies.
This Analyst works as part of a team of Analysts, sharing ideas and insight, while taking ownership of specific product areas. Main responsibilities include keeping up with relevant industry news, developing consumer research questionnaires, writing comprehensive syndicated research reports, handling client queries, and working with Mintel’s sales and marketing/PR teams.
What You Will Be Doing:
Insight generation and writing:
- Create insightful, relevant analysis of OTC remedies and health markets that include consumer, market, retailer and/or manufacturer research and perspective.
- Develop quantitative and qualitative consumer research studies and analyze resulting data
- Translate research findings for clients through data visualization and written analysis that provides actionable insights, demonstrates critical thinking, and offers forward looking statements that impact our readers’ business/careers
- Act as a Mintel spokesperson in the areas of OTC remedies and health and wellness trends
- Conduct trade interviews in order to gain insight into the key issues facing the industry
- Interact with a wide variety of clients ranging from small marketing agencies to multi-national giants
- Maintain daily contact with a wide range of colleagues in other areas of the company including Global Analysts, Research Services, Sales, PR and Marketing teams
What We Are Looking For:
- Superior knowledge of consumer behavior
- Expertise in OTC remedies, diet and wellness trends
- Minimum five years’ experience in a relevant research, marketing, shopper or consumer insights, branding or consulting role
- Exceptional writing ability
- Experience with various qualitative and quantitative research methods
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively, both independently and in a team environment, in an atmosphere of multiple projects, shifting priorities, and deadline pressures
- Self-motivated, curious, creative, ability to think strategically, while following set processes with strong attention to detail
- A talent for seeing the patterns behind data, and understanding what these patterns mean from a business standpoint
- High level of organization and scheduling abilities
- Experience working with syndicated sales data, such as IRI or ACNielsen
- Demonstrated presentation skills for large audiences and individual clients
- Ability to travel up to 5% of the time
- Expertise working in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Vets