We are looking for a Research Analyst to join Mintel's European Retail Intelligence team. The team is responsible for a series of reports on retail markets across Europe.
Your main role will be to help research and write these reports. The successful candidate will have an understanding of the fundamentals of market research and business intelligence, an interest in the retail market, and proven writing and analytical skills.
- Desk research across the UK and major European markets
- Gathering secondary and third party data relevant to each report
- Liaising with trade contacts
- Writing retail research reports and other relevant content
- Meeting tight publication deadlines.
- Responding to client queries and requests for further information and insight, both over the phone and face-to-face
- Designing quantitative and qualitative questionnaires.
- Turning consumer research findings, market data and industry knowledge into actionable insight that will help give our clients a commercial advantage.
- Working with internal Mintel teams, including our statistics, sales, marketing and PR teams.
- Provide mentoring and support to other team members.
- Presenting to clients and taking part in key Mintel events.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have the ability to work with data sets to “tell a story”.
- Have the ability to derive commercial insight from a wide range of data sources.
- Have a good understanding of company reports and accounts.
- Have a background in consumer research and understanding of consumer behaviour.
- Have a strong command of the English language. Also understanding another European language would be an advantage although not a necessity.
- Have great organisational skills and be able to take responsibility for key stages of the publishing process.
- Ability to talk knowledgeably and confidently with external clients and our internal teams about the retail sector.
- Strong numerical, analytical and computer skills (knowledge of Microsoft Office package).
- Be aware of current business activity within the retail sector and have a genuine interest in retailing and consumer markets.
- A minimum of 5 years work experience.