We are looking for a Senior Account Manager to join our Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) sales team, ideally based in Guangzhou. This is an exciting opportunity for a polished solution-based sales professional who is ambitious and performance-oriented. In addition to be being an exceptional individual sales performer, the ideal candidate will possess general knowledge and interest in market research principles and disciplines.
Ideally, candidates will possess general knowledge and interest marketing, research principles and disciplines, together with a passion for Consumer Packaged Goods.
This position is responsible for managing and enriching account relationships across Mintel’s core CPG syndicated products this includes the retention and upselling of Mintel services. This position will also be responsible for business growth in our Custom Solutions research space. The focus of this position will be on-site account management designed to increase Mintel’s presence within each account. Excellent product communication, networking, relationship development, product support, customer service, and up-selling skills are required.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Maintain and grow existing account relationships using excellent communication skills, strong follow-up and sharp attention to detail.
- Become a product expert across all Mintel products and services and be able to present and communicate comfortably in front of large groups
- Execute Mintel’s core client servicing strategy with each client and adapt appropriately to each client’s core business objectives
- Manage and ensure client servicing requirements are met for each client by working closely with Mintel’s analyst and client support teams
- Travel to clients for face-to-face meetings (up to 50% of time or as needed) and demonstrate a highly polished, professional and consultative selling style
- Leverage client relationships and playback client goals/objectives to grow accounts by securing additional products or services
- Drive and develop Mintel’s Consulting and Ad-hoc Capabilities working closely with the local in-house Consultant team
- Continuously deliver creative business solutions to prove ROI and gather value statements on a quarterly basis for each client to aid in the renewal and entrenchment process
- Network throughout assigned accounts by leveraging contacts throughout client organization structure targeting across departments and at senior levels. Identify new champions within organizations to increase revenue streams.
- Negotiate and close contracts to meet sales upgrade, consultancy and renewal rate targets as set by management team
- Ensure accurate recording of client details, meetings, objectives, opportunities within Salesforce CRM
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum 4 years proven sales experience at the executive level
- Strong Account Management or consultative sales background (CPG experience a plus), with proven success in achieving sales goals
- Ability to understand how clients use, leverage, and apply market intelligence to their critical business growth strategies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skill
- Knowledge of primary and secondary market research methodologies is strongly preferred
- Fluency in Mandarin and English are essential
- Strong organizational, analytical, and planning skills
- Highly polished, professional and consultative selling style
- Strong business and work ethic
- Ability to travel